VIN Number Locations???

hockey930

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I am trying to register an ls that was last registered in canada, now in NJ. NJ is aweful and needs a pencil scetch of the vin number. The only raised number I can find is on the dashboard which is not accesable with a pencil. Does anyone know where any more raised number vins are on the car?
Thanks
Eamonn

hockey930 said:
I am trying to register an ls that was last registered in canada, now in NJ. NJ is aweful and needs a pencil scetch of the vin number. The only raised number I can find is on the dashboard which is not accesable with a pencil. Does anyone know where any more raised number vins are on the car?
Thanks
Eamonn
I'm not quite sure, but for some reason, I think there might be a VIN underneath the hood somewhere on one of the fenders or firewall location. I've seen this on several Audis and VW's, so you might be able to find one there. Its worth a shot i guess.

I started looking in there but I didn't remove any panels, I thought i would post here before digging in to see if anyone knew.
Eamonn

that is the only place I know that is visable. There are serial numbers on some of the body panels and parts for theft purposes, but even those aren't raised. Your DMV is ridiculous to require that. I would ask for an inspection from them instead...or ask them how you're supposed to do it! They can't require the impossible...although they would like to think they can!

Members online

No members online now.
Back