Vibrations

Opajoe

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Just bought this Mark Vlll and there's a vibration. It's like running over groves in the road. You know those groves that tell you you're crossing the center line.

When it happens are you in a higher trans gear? If so it's torque converter shudder. If it happens try just lightly riding brake while its happening, this will unlock converter and stop shudder. If that does it change your trans fluid to new Mec V.

When it happens are you in a higher trans gear? If so it's torque converter shudder. If it happens try just lightly riding brake while its happening, this will unlock converter and stop shudder. If that does it change your trans fluid to new Mec V.
I'm in driver, somewhere between 30 and 45 when it happens. It's not consistent and kinda feel a little hesitant when it happen. I'll try the Mac V. Can I get this anywhere?

Your converter only locks up in higher gears and at cruz times. Just google converter shudder or studder. All parts stores have merc V. Change filter while there. Drain converter too, they have a drain plug. Common problem.

Your converter only locks up in higher gears and at cruz times. Just google converter shudder or studder. All parts stores have merc V. Change filter while there. Drain converter too, they have a drain plug. Common problem.
Cool, I will surely give it a try. Thanks

Members online

No members online now.
Back