Vibration Problem

Jim Knight

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
My '97 MK VIII has a serious vibration right after starting, but decreases, but only a little, when warmed up, and it's been getting worse. The harmonic balancer is OK, and I changed the plugs and the plug pack. One pack was split around the middle and the inner spring was all rusted -- thought that was the problem, but no. Motor mounts? Something else? All suggestions welcome.

My '97 MK VIII has a serious vibration right after starting, but decreases, but only a little, when warmed up, and it's been getting worse. The harmonic balancer is OK, and I changed the plugs and the plug pack. One pack was split around the middle and the inner spring was all rusted -- thought that was the problem, but no. Motor mounts? Something else? All suggestions welcome.

When you mentioned vibration and it gets better, it sounds like something other than an engine part although it might be. My mark when I gun it feel like one of the motor mounts needs replaced. Have the hood open when its cold start and you stand over the engine while a friend gaassses the mark and see if the motor moves too much . At the same time look around the engine with a flash light . You have to do some dective work. Might be a motor mount

Members online

No members online now.
Back