Vibration from front end

rwurst918

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a vibration in the front end somewhere and i can feel it through the steering wheel. The vibration is intermittent and begins at around 40 or so and goes away at around 55. Then it comes back at around 65. When going around 65 the vibration comes and goes. I am thinking possibly a ball joint. I dont think the Chrome rims are the problem because the vibration comes and goes. any help would be nice because i cant find anything loose.

Check the front end out. Check for play in all components. If they're all tight/noise free take it to get the wheels balanced.

I just got mine rebalanced and almost all my wobble/vibrations are gone. The rest i can blame on my spacers and a semi-bent wheel(excessive runout). But all the weights were still there from when pep boys did them. They were way off when i had them done @ firestone(Road forced). 1 wheel was off 4oz..:eek:

I did fix this partly by getting road force balancing. Still a small vibration. I cant figure it out anymore and it is so little at 70 I dont care.

Ahhhaaaa i think you're the one I've been looking for! lol

Were you the one who replaced them with the ebay ones? any problems?

can you link me to the seller?

You get vibration with the zeus wheels mlara?

I get some slight vibration too, but I dont think it's the wheels, I had it with all three sets of wheels.

I also get some "swaying" with my 19's at 65mph+, but it might be that I left something loose while doing shocks or something is worn out and my 19's dont hide the problem as much as the stock wheels do. The car pulls left and right at random times, like if strong winds were pushing me back and forth. I mounted my stock wheels back on and it's barely noticeable. Some have told me my tires are probably following the groves on the highway, but I dont think it's that.

I get some slight vibration too, but I dont think it's the wheels, I had it with all three sets of wheels.

I also get some "swaying" with my 19's at 65mph+, but it might be that I left something loose while doing shocks or something is worn out and my 19's dont hide the problem as much as the stock wheels do. The car pulls left and right at random times, like if strong winds were pushing me back and forth. I mounted my stock wheels back on and it's barely noticeable. Some have told me my tires are probably following the groves on the highway, but I dont think it's that.

I had a firebird with the swaying problem. Turned out to be bad ball joints. I couldnt tell they were bad except for the swaying.

Nope, not JUST the zeus wheels. i've had a slight vibration with my all wheels.

Had the vibration with my stock 8 spokes, along with a pretty noticeable "roaring" from the front. Switched to the sentas, the roaring went away but i had a much larger vibration. Switched to the CDC wheels, slight vibration, no roaring, switched to the LSE wheels, still slight vibration no roaring, now with the Zeus im getting the roaring again with vibration in the steering wheel that seems to match the rate of the roaring. So i'm thinking a bad wheel bearing (that should have be changed ages ago)

As far as the swaying, i have noticed that too. In the city, at certain locations only, which made me think it was the tires. At highway speeds, on windy days, with the Zeus wheels, my car has felt like it was very affected by the winds, making me swerve side to side a bit. I tried to pay attention to other cars, to see if it was just strong winds, but they didnt seem to be as affected as my LS. So idk :confused:

It is soo frustrating when you don't have symptoms that all point to one issue

Yeah it get tricky. Hopefully now that school is almost over, I'll be able to fix my problem.

They swaying (or road walking as we call it down here) will be more noticeable with a tire that is wide or that has a low profile do to there being no sidewalk movement. Just like low profile tires ride rough cause they don't absorb the little humps and bumps in the road like the stock tires do on a smaller will. Also with stiffer tires problems such as ball joints and wheel bearings are more noticeable.

They swaying (or road walking as we call it down here) will be more noticeable with a tire that is wide or that has a low profile do to there being no sidewalk movement...

Agreed....

But in my case I'm leaning towards this

Also with stiffer tires problems such as ball joints and wheel bearings are more noticeable.

Funny this topic came up.... I just changed everything suspension related a month ago and notice road sway more now than ever. But, it is prominent on one stretch of road more than anywhere else. Truly feels as if I an tracking the pavement. Running a 20x8.5 wheel with a 245/35/20 Falken FK 452 series tire and have for 4 years. Just weird how it just appeared. Had the suspension double checked and it is all correct underneath.

My front end and steering wheel vibrate at various speeds around 50-70mph too, but on stock 16's. Isn't it the steering rack that's causing this?

i doubt that its the steering rack but it is possible. check the bushings.

I have read there is a tsb for the gen1 LS regarding the steering spring needing to be 30lbs, not 20lbs. I think this might help and it is a cheap fix.

Members online

No members online now.
Back