Vent Shades

deadmark8

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone can tell me where, if anywhere, i can get a set of vent shades for a 94 mark VIII i can find them for the 97-98's but nothing for the gen 1. is there a difference between the doors between gen 1 and 2?

Thanks
Steve

I did a search in our catalog for the WeatherTech and Auto Ventshade version for a 1994 Lincoln Mark VIII and could not find a part for it. Are the gen 2 Mark's have the same window curvature?

I have the WeatherTech's on my '97.

The doors on both Gens are the same. The mirrors are different. I'm pretty sure the Gen 1 mirrors will get in the way how of they mount.

I've heard some have trimmed (dremeled) them to fit. I think it would seriously compromise how they mount.

You can sorta see how they go behind the mirror here.

IMG_0834-vi.jpg

Although I'm not crazy about them, they do a great job of keeping the water out with the window down slightly.

the only reason im looking for them is cuz the previous owners treated my car like ass and it does not have the ac lines anymore and the vent shades are cheaper than the ac lines and cleaning out the system. i would love to have ac but as im a poor college student sacrifices must be made.

guess ill save and get a gen 2 set and see what needs to be done to modify them.

Thanks

Steven

Make sure you do a good job cleaning the door edge before you stick them on. Don't want to see them fly off on the highway!:D I believe there is a brand that squeezes in between the trim so there is no glue/taping on. Maybe that is ventashade, ventvisor.???Whatever.

Make sure you do a good job cleaning the door edge before you stick them on. Don't want to see them fly off on the highway!:D I believe there is a brand that squeezes in between the trim so there is no glue/taping on. Maybe that is ventashade, ventvisor.???Whatever.

The ones I have do "snap" into the felt window channel.

Pretty much all you do is insert the front edge (by the mirror) then bend it so it will snap into the downward edge at the rear of the window. Then it will "pop" into place. Installs in seconds, removes in a few more seconds. The front/rear downward edge of the channel is what holds it in. There is still enough space in the channel for the vent and the window.

If you were to cut it to fit a Gen 1, the front edge would be compromised. I don't think it would hold very well. You can always install Gen 2 Mirrors...

If I can remember, I can take some better pics of how they go in.

Members online

No members online now.
Back