valve cover job....

LSCGODDESS98

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
hey guys today i went to get my valve cover seals redone..my coil on plgs are getting beat up by the oil seepin into the area where plugs go..i know thats not good..so,over the weekend she craped on me,i was drivin appx 45 miles away from home..and she started her crap,buckin and not behavin ...so i took her this morning to my guy to do the seals,clean her out and put new coils n plugs..well dont know how many of the coils had to be replaced,but not to long ago i did them,i only had maybe 2 more to replace...so i hope all goes well.

well one question should i feel any difference after getting the valver cover seals redone and boots replaced...is it my imagination that i think the car feels better and abit peppiiiier.

The difference you feel is prolly from the new boots. That is the problem with coil on plug. If you get oil down there, it heats up the boots and causes them to expand. Then you get arcing. Old age also causes the boots to expand. Most of the time, you can fix any kind of secondary misfire with a set of new boots.

LSCGODDESS98 said:
well one question should i feel any difference after getting the valver cover seals redone and boots replaced...is it my imagination that i think the car feels better and abit peppiiiier.
peppiiiier, hmmmmmm know I wonder where you got that word. ;)

well things seem to be running smoothly-*engine wise*.i think ill be getting thru the winter ok-well after i get my tranny leak taken care of,and look into the humm i have in the rear-im thinking fuel pump.then i should be good

Members online

No members online now.
Back