Valve Cover Gaskets???

Black87LSC

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I have to replace the valve cover gaskets in my T/C. 302 EFI... Is it possible to take the valve covers off without having to take the upper intake off? Space is kinda tight under there...

Not on 5.0 litre trucks and I doubt

cars are any different. It ain't hard anyway. Be certin you spring for FelPro PermaDryPlus blue silicone gaskets for it though.

They were developed for Exploders, which paid 8 hours for the re & re job. I used them on the Bronco (5.0 litre) and they've never leaked again (5 years).

What's more you can retighten and re-use these. try that with cork !

Sixlitre

Yea, I just wanted to avoid taking the intake off if I didn't have to. Also, if I have to take the intake off and go through all that, I might as well put the valve covers I want on there. Are those gaskets your talking about made of aluminum? I know somebody that swears by the dead-soft aluminum gaskets, but I don't know...

Black87LSC said:
Yea, I just wanted to avoid taking the intake off if I didn't have to. Also, if I have to take the intake off and go through all that, I might as well put the valve covers I want on there. Are those gaskets your talking about made of aluminum? I know somebody that swears by the dead-soft aluminum gaskets, but I don't know...

Uh, uh !!!!!!!

There a wild blue colour because they're silicone. Much better than metal gaskets and re-useable too.

Go to FelPros site and get the part number for your jobber.

Sixlitre

Members online

Back