Valve cover gasket question

loomis22

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/we...ro_20688542-P_107_R|GRPGASKAMS_1417576687____

Is that all that is needed for the valve cover gasket? I was reading through the tech articles and it was saying there are 2 parts to get but this looks like the complete set to me. Does anyone know if this is the complete set or not? If not, what is missing? I'm getting it from rockauto.com but it was easiest just to link to advanceautoparts.

That's not a picture, it's a drawing. The list of items seems to include everything I'd want to do the job.

KS

Yep. I just got the Victor Reinz gasket set from Rock Auto last week great place to buy parts fast shipping to.

Perfect, thanks everyone, added to my cart then. I'm gonna have one hell of a weekend when the time comes lmao.

The dealer has quoted me 26 $ for the left side and 31 for the right. I'm assuming it always best to go with OEM. That and I don't have to wait for shipping..Thought I'd ask.

The dealer has quoted me 26 $ for the left side and 31 for the right. I'm assuming it always best to go with OEM. That and I don't have to wait for shipping..Thought I'd ask.

I would trust Felpro better considering oem only lasts around 80,000 miles. The newest oem update for these gaskets was in 04 if I remember right. My LS is an 04 and right at 80,000 miles, the gaskets went. Just my two cents.

Be careful to get the right gasket set to match your engine. Don't get a '6' if you have an '8' or vice versa.

I too would choose Felpro or Victor over factory

KS

Looking over the pictures of the order for the VICTOR REINZ Part # VS50413
one of the seals are a different shape from that of the FEL-PRO Part # VS50612R. Also the price difference, sorry for the 21 questions just want to be 110 percent sure.

I believe so. There was no difference between 1&2 in this area.

KS

At the least, the Gen II has the two solenoids (one each side) that stick through the tops of the covers. To do it all, you'd want to replace the two o-rings for those two.

Members online

No members online now.
Back