Valve Cover Gasket help from the DIY guys

ft_nox

LVC Member
Reaction score
On day two of my vcg change and I've literally followed the how to exactly. My question is what the hell did YOU use to remove the 4 bolts (lower driver side) that are ridiculously close to the strut tower/firewall? Also.. How do I get a torque wrench back there for the reinstall? Thanks in advance!

I don't know what others used but I used a swivel extension, which is a little too long when you add the socket to it but works if you have patience. For easier access, you can buy socket with the swivel built into it, they are shorter than using a socket + angled extension. I also used one of these to get some of the coil bolts off because its way too tight for normal tools.

Like this

http://images.search.yahoo.com/imag...igi=13l3b30j6&.crumb=0HzJIgPQ.yH&fr=yfp-t-122

Thanks for the idea Alax. I will look into those sockets. I believe your link is broken tho.

You use the swivel to compensate for the weird angle, add an extension or two to bring the ratchet out of the cluttered engine bay. Just use a torque wrench when finishing up.

Members online

No members online now.
Back