V8 to V6 swap/manual swap

Lincoln LS

1. DrWulf

DrWulf New LVC Member

I have a 2006 Lincoln LS with the 3.9l V8. I jus blew my engine and i am considering replacing it or rebuilding it.

With that said, I am aware the V6 came with a manual option. Ive been wanting a manual. What needs to be done to swap the V8 for the V6 paired with its manual unicorn? How much can i expect to pay to have this done (having mechanic do all the work). Also, im sure their are other engine swap options that can allow me to swap a manual trans in as well. What are some of those option?

Ultimately I'm looking for the most cost efficient route. With that said i dont wanna have to do any fabrication, cutting, etc. No custom work for an engine swap. Im jus looking for a straight forward swap (or as straight forward as possible).

2. HRLNKN

HRLNKN Well-Known LVC Member

The most straightforward way to a manual Lincoln LS is to buy a manual Lincoln LS. No cutting or fabrication involved

• Agree Agree x 1
    • joegr

joegr Dedicated LVC Member

There was never a 2nd gen manual LS. I doubt that you will be able to get your 2nd gen electronics to work with a 1st gen V6 and manual transmission. It will be much easier and work better, if you sell your 2nd gen and get a 1st gen V6. Be warned, that the 2nd gen had many improvements that you may miss on the 1st gen LS.

• Agree Agree x 1