Distance?
Hand calculated?

2000 V8 50,000 miles
Speed:78
Distance: appx 400 miles
Computer put it at 28 miles per gallon, hand calculated put it at 27.4

75-90mph
Distance probably, 2 hours
25.5MPG but it was steady climbing so i'm sure if the trip were 4+ hours it may have hit a 28, haven't driven it that far in one stretch yet.

Daily driving the car to and from work and around i'm usually at 19.6MPG

75-85mph
200 miles round trip
25.4 miles per gallon

notice all the bells and whistles that i have on my ls.

-Scott-

30,000 miles a year
95 continental
20 to 22 mpg on highway

2003 Premium Sport 9300K on the clock
Speed 65-80 mph
distance 262 mi
computer 27.4
hand calculated 27.8
Linconlov

In town about 15.7, really sucks. I am actually thinking of selling the LS very soon. I have a CAI that I will be taking out and some other goodies stay tuned.

2000 LS V8

On average... 19 around town (with my foot in it), 26 and change on the highway 65 - 75mph.

INTERSTATE
Speed - 79 mph
Distance - 390 miles
Calculated - 26.5 miles/gallon

HIGHWAY
Speed - 64 mph
Distance - 120 miles
Calculated - 29.4 miles/gallon

That is what I got last weekend when I went to LaCrosse, WI and then to my parents house and back home again.

I have a 2002 V8 with ~30,000 miles. I have recently taken a few trips with just highway miles. I am only getting a max of 21-22 mpg and this is averaging 65-75 mph. Is there something I should have looked at in my car? I see you guys getting 25+ and in the two months I have had my car I haven't seen anything near that. My average mpg is somewhere around 16-17 but thats 65% city driving.

Any advice

2002 LS V8 said:
I have a 2002 V8 with ~30,000 miles. I have recently taken a few trips with just highway miles. I am only getting a max of 21-22 mpg and this is averaging 65-75 mph. Is there something I should have looked at in my car? I see you guys getting 25+ and in the two months I have had my car I haven't seen anything near that. My average mpg is somewhere around 16-17 but thats 65% city driving.

Any advice

Put a brand new air filter in, doesn't even need to be a special one. I'd imagine your air filter is well under 50% in quality on the message center and for how cheap a regular one is, give it a shot, I bet it goes up a few notches in MPG.

didjital| said:
Put a brand new air filter in, doesn't even need to be a special one. I'd imagine your air filter is well under 50% in quality on the message center and for how cheap a regular one is, give it a shot, I bet it goes up a few notches in MPG.

The message center shows air filter %. I thought that was for the air conditioning filter under the cowl.

ltnate3 said:
The message center shows air filter %. I thought that was for the air conditioning filter under the cowl.

You are correct about the message center pertaining to the AC filter.

bill5 said:
You are correct about the message center pertaining to the AC filter.

Good I thought so. I guess I better check my air filter since my MPG has not been any higher than 24 since owning the car 4 months ago.

Drove 2.5 hours with cruise set at roughly 70-90 the whole way except through small towns to 45 and I topped out at 24.8 MPG. Usually never over 19 city though.

How do you go about changing the AC filter? When I purchased the car it was at 100% but I'm thinking they just hit the reset button.

2002 LS V8 said:
How do you go about changing the AC filter? When I purchased the car it was at 100% but I'm thinking they just hit the reset button.

and how often should u change it. i bought my car with 40000 miles it now has 59000 and it hasnt been changed yet. is that bad

I've got a 2001 LS V8 and I get 20mpg city and on the last road trip I went on I was getting 27mpg highway (< cruise control mind you). Since gas prices went up Ive been driving alot more conservatively and I got my city mpg up to 23 (keeping it under 2000 rpm as much as posiable)

Somthing I did notice was that in hilly states it tends to drop a little. Most areas are pretty flat in this part of virginia

KC_Valentine said:
Drove 2.5 hours with cruise set at roughly 70-90 the whole way except through small towns to 45 and I topped out at 24.8 MPG. Usually never over 19 city though.

Exact same numbers I pulled to Vegas a few weekends ago cept I was pretty steady 85 - 90.

On a side note - my mileage drop off a few miles per gallon (computer calculated) after the 2nd time I took it to the shop for transmission issues, prior to that visit it was regularly showing over 20mpg city. :slam

z1069 said:
Speed?
Distance?
Hand calculated?
My best mileage was almost 25mpg on the Monday of Memorial Day weekend. That weekend I went to Denton and back three times (~320 miles round trip each time, almost all interstate miles at ~80mph), and my mileage got better every day as the computer learned the new settings. This was calculated mileage, and I filled up a the same Conoco pump each day.

Even trade

I travel with my work every day - usually spend about 6 hours on the road. My best mileage was a five hour stint that resulted in 27 mpg. I think that's pretty decent mileage for a V8, and I'll take it over riding in a less powerful car. Of course, if I can't open my doors (see my post) I guess my rides will be much longer.

itslmabry said:
I travel with my work every day - usually spend about 6 hours on the road. My best mileage was a five hour stint that resulted in 27 mpg. I think that's pretty decent mileage for a V8, and I'll take it over riding in a less powerful car. Of course, if I can't open my doors (see my post) I guess my rides will be much longer.
With long distance highway cruising the V8 will actually be turning less rpm's than the V6 while maintaining the same speed, so the V8 will have very similiar if not alittle better mpg than the V6, but anytime you hit the pedal that all changes.

Members online

No members online now.
Back