V8 emblem placement ??

fbird18

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I just got these in the mail from ebay today. I'd like to put some v8 logos on the fender, but I'm not sure where, if anywhere, looks best. I have seen the retro ford V8 some people have put on their cars, and they look great, but I've never seen them on a dark color car. If anyone has suggestions or other pictures to share, that would be great. Thanks.

P5141636web.jpg

P5141637web.jpg

P5141635web.jpg

He already has the V8 on the rear deck lid. The best place looks to be on the door to the right of the LS emblem. It just kind of seems like it flows rather than looking up or down.

What I wanted to do was replace the LS emblem with the V8 one. But they are a little too big for the space. I thought I read a long time ago about someone using a Lexus V8 and that fit nicely in the LS space. I cant seem to find the post though..

if you were goin underneath i'd go almost directly under the LS symbol rather than way down..
on the door looks really clean but i'm a bigger fan of the underneath setup..

I like the door better.... almost enough to steal your idea.... still thinking about removing my LS badges

o/t I love that color!

The place where the "LS" sits is flat while the rest of the trim is convex. How do you plan on getting it to stay on and look flush?

Ok then. Put them on your tool box. :D

I agree with this man :p

But to contribute, I'd put the V8 above the LS. I think the badge would look funny being below the trim line on the door. I think the overall effect of
V8
LS

is best.

The place where the "LS" sits is flat while the rest of the trim is convex. How do you plan on getting it to stay on and look flush?
agreed^

love your color and it looks best to the right of the ls emblem.

The emblems I got aren't hard plastic chrome, they are flexible. So if I put it on the door moulding, I dont think that will be an issue.

Ok then. Put them on your tool box.

I know, it wouldn't bother me if I didn't use them, they were pretty cheap. But I would like something a little different than all the others.

Does anyone have a picture of that retro style V8 logo that is usually put above the LS on the fender, on a darker color car? They look great on lighter colors because they kind of blend in. I'm not sure how "tacky" it might look on a dark car, where chrome is really obvious.

Thank you for the kind comments on the color. I love it too!

I think the "retro" style would look great on a darker LS. they are off a ford expedition. I think maybe a 2002? I can't remember. You can get those right from the local ford dealer.

Sorry if you think I'm being a pain in the a$$, I'm just not sure what I want to do. What do you think of either of these? I think I like the second one.

emblem lower web.jpg

emblem to top web.jpg

Oh, and of the 2 pictures, I definitely like the second one better.

The setup in the second picture is how i did mine. I'll take some pics ones a give it a bath (i don't want to get flamed for posting pics of a dirty LS :shifty: )

Here you go (from my other thread)....
IMG_0591.JPG

IMG_0592.JPG

IMG_0593.JPG

IMG_0596.JPG

Car needs to be lowered man....

Now for the emblems.....I think you wasted your money IMO.

Car needs to be lowered man....

Now for the emblems.....I think you wasted your money IMO.

I like how it rides now. I have the non sport and love the smooth drive. I've had lowered cars before, I'd rather this car not be like that.
Shipped, the emblems were only $8.60. I'll live. But thanks for the opinions.

BlueLS, I think I like that look. If you could get closer pics, that would be great.

I like how it rides now. I have the non sport and love the smooth drive. I've had lowered cars before, I'd rather this car not be like that.
Shipped, the emblems were only $8.60. I'll live. But thanks for the opinions.

BlueLS, I think I like that look. If you could get closer pics, that would be great.

I need to wash it (plus it's dark out right now), but i will get some pics tomorrow morning.

I think he was talking to me about lowering the car. And yes, i know it needs to be lowered, i'm working on it. The problem is the 35 offset on 9.5" wide tires/wheels in the rear. I have sprint springs + adjustable coil spacers on the way, and a quote from a shop to roll my rear fenders for me (if needed).

The emblems are cheap, and i personally like they way they look, so it wasn't a waste of money. Regardless, If you can afford an LS (and the "correct" gas for it) then you wan afford to waste $10 on emblems :p .

I bought two emblems also, was gonna put'm exactly where you were saying. I didn't really care either if I used'm so I just rearranged the LS on the right taillamp and put the V8 there. The best idea those is since you have flexible ones, maybe get the side molding with complete convex for the 01+ LS' and put the V8 on that..

I need to wash it (plus it's dark out right now), but i will get some pics tomorrow morning.

I think he was talking to me about lowering the car. And yes, i know it needs to be lowered, i'm working on it. The problem is the 35 offset on 9.5" wide tires/wheels in the rear. I have sprint springs + adjustable coil spacers on the way, and a quote from a shop to roll my rear fenders for me (if needed).

The emblems are cheap, and i personally like they way they look, so it wasn't a waste of money. Regardless, If you can afford an LS (and the "correct" gas for it) then you wan afford to waste $10 on emblems :p .

Haha, anyone can afford this car. The value is a joke right now, but a good argument none-the-less.

King03LS8, just curious, who were you saying needed to lower their car? Was it mine or BlueLS'?

eastcoastLS, that's not a bad idea. Just sounds like more work than its really worth. Buying the molding, painting it, removing old molding, put new one on, install emblem. I wish mine came like the newer ones w/o the LS in it.

But anyways, if somebody could do me the favor of photoshopping the retro V8 onto my fender, I would really appreciate it.

King03LS8, just curious, who were you saying needed to lower their car? Was it mine or BlueLS'?

eastcoastLS, that's not a bad idea. Just sounds like more work than its really worth. Buying the molding, painting it, removing old molding, put new one on, install emblem. I wish mine came like the newer ones w/o the LS in it.

But anyways, if somebody could do me the favor of photoshopping the retro V8 onto my fender, I would really appreciate it.

BlueLS.

You and I's wheel gap is about the same I believe.

i really like the way you had it to the right of the ls emblem.

looked like it fit there.
it doesn't look like that in other places.

Members online

No members online now.
Back