V6 vs V8 Vs LSE models ???

Homie

New LVC Member
Reaction score
what are the differences performance wise and mpg wise?? Im about to buy an ls within the month n I realy kinda want that v8 but gas is a b!tch.. what do u all think about the v6 in comparison to the v8? im probably gonna end up buying the 2000-2002 model.

get an 02 LSE, comes in v8, i get 20mpg on every tank. im guessing a v6 will get a touch more, plus i always use 93. i think you will get around 40 more horsepower

octane, it is 91+, but i rarely find 91 at gas stations...

Just read in Road & Track: East coast premium is predominately 93 octane, in the west, however, premium is 91 octane. No reason for the difference is given.

20mpg ? I have an 02 LSE and I get 15.5, but I do a lot of city driving. I only get 23mpg on the highway

depends on my driving style..i do a lot of city driving and when i'm broker i'm getting 17mpg now if i have some money to burn my foot gets heavier and get 15 mpg. '00 V8 at 70-75mph i get 24ish mpg.
i believe he meant you get 42 more horsepower for having a V8 and 62 more ft/lbs of torque with the V8, not by using 93 octane...

thanks MMA that's what I meant, 40 up with the v8. 20mpg, that's what I get because I drive 90% highway miles.

I got da V6 and I love it.. It got some balls plus gets some decent gas mileage... I wouldn't race anything more than ricers in it though.

So wat kinda mpg do u get w the v6 is ther really a big difference in mpg btwn the v8 n v6? Does nebody have any 1/4 times?

So wat kinda mpg do u get w the v6 is ther really a big difference in mpg btwn the v8 n v6? Does nebody have any 1/4 times?

So wat kinda mpg do u get w the v6 is ther really a big difference in mpg btwn the v8 n v6? Does nebody have any 1/4 times? oops double post I'm on my blackberry n for sum reason can't delete . But I was lookin at another thread n does it really make a difference in what gas u use? What's the difference n reasons to use the 3 kinds of gas? FYI I'm on the east coast

I have a 2000 V6 and a 2006 (V8 only). The V8 gets the same mpg in most instances and better in strictly freeway driving. One doesn't purchase an LS with economy in mind. If economy is that important, get a Civic or Corolla.

I have a 2000 V6 and a 2006 (V8 only). The V8 gets the same mpg in most instances and better in strictly freeway driving. One doesn't purchase an LS with economy in mind. If economy is that important, get a Civic or Corolla.

ic ic. so how much do yall think you spend a week in gas? (u gotta tell me how many miles do u drive) thanks for the help. Im leanin towards the V8 but i dono why >:->

get the v8 you wont be saving that much gas and you will be happier with the performance or get the 03 v6 hell for that price just get a v8 03 they are really cheap now

Members online

No members online now.
Back