V6 vs V8 Motor Mount Bracket

Ickaber

LVC Member
Reaction score
Can someone please tell me if the motor mount brackets are the same for the V6 and the V8? If different, does anyone have a pic of the V6 bracket? Or for that matter, a source to get a new one? Thanks!

Different (in future, it helps to indicate your year, 2000)
I get the following part numbers, but I'm not sure they are correct. Some sites show one of those as the motor mount, not the bracket. 6028 might be the right number for the bracket.
XW4Z-6038-AA left side bracket (really not sure about this)
XW4Z-6031-AA right side bracket (really not sure about this)
They are no longer made or stocked by Ford. Your best bet is your local junkyards or ebay

Yeah, the year would help, wouldn't it? Sorry about that.

I figured they weren't being made any more, so have been watching eBay. I've found a couple for the V8, but never anything for the V6, so wanted to verify they weren't the same. I actually bought a set for the V8, since they were $10, hoping they'd work out. (If anyone needs brackets for their V8, let me know.)

I think your part numbers are correct. Thanks for that, not sure why I couldn't find those. We'll just chalk it up to me being new. :)

Thanks for the quick response, Joe.

I should disclose that I don't know for a fact that the V8 one won't fit. I do know that they are not the same part number (it even looks like the V8s ones may still be available). It seems unlikely to me that they would work since the two engines are so different.

Judging by the pics on the parts page, they look very similar, but the V8 has 4 holes for mounting bolts, arranged in somewhat of a square pattern. The V6 looks like it only has 3 holes, arranged the same, but just missing one. I guess the only thing for me to do is pull mine and compare the sizes and hole locations. If all else aligns, maybe I can just cut off the one corner from the V8 bracket.

I ended up going on nwautorecyclers.com and put up a wanted post. Within a few minutes a parts puller responded that he could get me what I need. So, I'll wait for that to arrive. When it does, I'll post pics comparing the two, in case anyone is interested.

Well, the parts puller ended up being a bust. He sent me a pic of the part he pulled, and I'm pretty sure it's the power steering pump bracket.

But, trying a different approach, I searched for a mount for a 2000 Jaguar S-type, since the engine is the same as my LS. Found a bracket on eBay that looks identical to the pics from the parts diagram. Overall dimensions and hole locations will be key, of course, but so far this is as close as I've found, so for $29 and free shipping I went ahead and bought it.

This is the bracket I just bought on eBay.
ebayJagbracket2.jpg

ebayJagbracket.jpg

And here is the parts diagram:
fordpartscatalogbracket.jpg

Looks like the right side motor bracket to me...

I can now confirm two things related to the motor mount brackets:

1. The V6 and V8 motor mount brackets are not the same.
2. For the V6, the LS and Jaguar motor mount brackets are the same. I think they're even still making them for the Jags.

The bracket from my LS is on the left (think I have an oil leak?). The Jag bracket is on the right.

IMAG0718.jpg

And, just for fun, here's what the break looked like and what the pointy metal did to the rubber of the mount.

IMAG0719.jpg

The good news is, having the new motor mount installed has taken the shake out of the vehicle while idling in gear. Next will be the valve cover gasket to stop the oil leak. But, overall, not bad for an $800 car.

IMAG0717.jpg

The good news is, having the new motor mount installed has taken the shake out of the vehicle while idling in gear. Next will be the valve cover gasket to stop the oil leak. But, overall, not bad for an $800 car.

Damnit, sometimes I wish I never read this forum. Now I have to go check my car for busted mounts. I have what feels like a rough idle only while in gear and not moving. Soon as you get moving it disappears. Does this sound like the behvaiour you were seeing? Granted I have the V8 but that should just mean the shaking should be less.

I have what feels like a rough idle only while in gear and not moving. Soon as you get moving it disappears. Does this sound like the behvaiour you were seeing?

Yes, this is exactly the behavior I was seeing. If you end up needing mounts let me know, I've got a set for the V8 I'd gladly send you for just the cost of shipping. I bought them on eBay hoping that they were the same but, of course, they're not.

Yes, this is exactly the behavior I was seeing. If you end up needing mounts let me know, I've got a set for the V8 I'd gladly send you for just the cost of shipping. I bought them on eBay hoping that they were the same but, of course, they're not.

New or used mounts?

I'll see. I have to go find a way to crawl under the car now. I'm in Savannah, GA at the moment and everything I know of is back in Tampa.

Members online

No members online now.
Back