V6 Guys Highest MPG

Bacurus said:
I believe most of the LS owners have v8's...

I can't believe they're discontinuiing the V-6 version for the '06s. With gas prices this high these days, a little extra fuel economy doesn't hurt...

I get around 20-23 mpg in city driving. I don't have too much stopping and starting, somewhat country roads.

At least 440 miles a tankful. (I think I still had another 15 to 20 miles left).
2000 V6 5 Speed manual

(Someone else can do the math).

My first tank I averaged about 22MPG and I have to admit, I had my foot in it quite alot. It's no V8 but I love the response of the V6. It is not too shabby for a V6.

Haven't finished the 2nd tank yet.

You guys might think Im bs you but I've got a 2001 LS V8 and I get 20mpg city and on the last road trip I went on I was getting 27mpg highway (< cruise control mind you). Since gas prices went up Ive been driving alot more conservatively and I got my city mpg up to 23 (keeping it under 2000 rpm as much as posiable)

I figured you V6 guys would be gettin way more than me

Somthing I did notice was that in hilly states it tends to drop a little. Most areas are pretty flat in this part of virginia

I have a '02 LS V6. I drive about 500 miles a week and i average about 25 mpg with a full tank lasting about between 420-450 miles. My driving is mostly done between 45-80 mph. The only mod. i have is a gutted stock airbox.

I am getting about 350miles out of a tank on the freeway but going about at 85-110mph most of the time, that's about 20mpg. And in the city mixed freeway I get about 270miles, that's like 15 mpg. So I get a terrible range even with a V6, but my the engine works like it should.

GranPappy said:
You guys might think Im bs you but I've got a 2001 LS V8 and I get 20mpg city and on the last road trip I went on I was getting 27mpg highway (< cruise control mind you). Since gas prices went up Ive been driving alot more conservatively and I got my city mpg up to 23 (keeping it under 2000 rpm as much as posiable)

I figured you V6 guys would be gettin way more than me

Somthing I did notice was that in hilly states it tends to drop a little. Most areas are pretty flat in this part of virginia

My 02 LSE I just got, it's a v8....
In the city I get 20 mpg, thats not baby'ing it either. wtih the cruise set around 65mph over the course of a couple of miles, it gets up into the 28's....

I fill the tank and drive mostly highway, if I dont reset it and get a real avg mpg, it stays between 23-26 all the time, mixed driving. I'm getting about 390 miles to a tank.

This is mixed driving

IM000105.jpg

Cruznlife1 said:
I fill the tank and drive mostly highway, if I dont reset it and get a real avg mpg, it stays between 23-26 all the time, mixed driving. I'm getting about 390 miles to a tank.
This is true, if you dont reset the trip computer the avg mpg will get less accurate over time.

01 sport v6, getting about 16-18 in town ( I drive the sh!t out of the car) and close to 25 on the freeway.
Mods: Magnaflow cat-back, SCT1 (running #3 tune), Aluminum intake, and KKM kit

2000 V6 sorta-sport. 110K miles, ~455 miles, part mountainous, part flat (with 50-100mph bursts passing traffic) and part cruise set at 78. That's 28.5, hand calculated. Don't know how else to do it. The V6 isn't graced with the message center. A glaring ommission IMHO!

Rarely get gas before 400 miles have gone 493 (should have gone for 500, it took 17.4 gallons). I get between 25 and 28. Rarely drive in traffic and keep it around 75 on the highway. Lowest I've gotten is 22.

V6 with manual.

all stock (so far) '04 V6 35k miles I have always been a heavy-footed driver. I get about 17-18 with all city driving. 21-22 mpg on the highway (80-100mph) and about 25-26 IF i keep it to the speed limit. Keep in mind accleration, not just speed, has a lot of effect on fuel economy.

I travel about 500 miles a week and only get between 20-22 MPG. I would say about 400 of those miles are highway. I've got 112k on mine and the only engine mod is a K&N air filter. Should I be getting more MPG??? How much will I increase if I change the fuel filter? Is there anything else that could be changed or cleaned that I'm missing??

Members online

No members online now.
Back