v6 Engine Ticking

I keep getting the CEL for P0430 and P0430pd. It used to just come up every 4-5 days and now is up to 1-2 days. I just erase it and go on driving. I will not worry about it till it is time to start getting the car smogged for Ca. At that time will get 2 new cats installed.

I keep getting the CEL for P0430 and P0430pd. It used to just come up every 4-5 days and now is up to 1-2 days. I just erase it and go on driving. I will not worry about it till it is time to start getting the car smogged for Ca. At that time will get 2 new cats installed.

With the cats malfunctioning do you not get problems with idle or driveability?

On a side note. On the v6 which is bank 1 and which is bank 2? As I understand it bank 1 corresponds with the side of the engine which houses cylinder 1. And cylinder 1 is the closest to the front of the car. Bank 2 is obviously the other one.... so where is cylinder 1, passenger side?

With the cats malfunctioning do you not get problems with idle or driveability?

On a side note. On the v6 which is bank 1 and which is bank 2? As I understand it bank 1 corresponds with the side of the engine which houses cylinder 1. And cylinder 1 is the closest to the front of the car. Bank 2 is obviously the other one.... so where is cylinder 1, passenger side?

I never known bad cats to cause idle problems. When they get really bad and clogged, they cause problems at speed or trying to accelerate. It's possible for them to fail without clogging, in that case there are no symptoms other than the check engine light and increased emissions.

AFAIK, all Ford/Lincoln/Mercury rear wheel drive have bank 1 on the passenger side.

No problems, she drives very nice, smooth acceleration and idle.

Thanks Leo. My CEL came back on yesterday. I'll go by the Zone again to verify it is the same one.

Don't think I will drive too long if it keeps popping up. Might have to get someone to work on her.

Members online

No members online now.
Back