V6 Cai...

stuntin_LS

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Ive searched on here n only found a custom job so... where do i find one?

knew i shulda got a v8... mpg difference isnt that great from what i hear grr!

true, mpg is that much better, but the maintence costs in coils more than makes up for owning the V6. LOL

I might know a thing or two about making a custom Intake pipe.....
CAI intake.jpg

CAI intake.jpg

knew i shulda got a v8... mpg difference isnt that great from what i hear grr!

My first 2000 LS a few years back was a V6, I then traded in 2002 for a V8 and never regretted it. The V8 gets 1MPG worse fuel economy. Its not even noticable with the extra power you get. The V8 has do do less work to push the 3700LB car around.

So 01lssport, when are you going to be making more of these. Even if they are not chromed?

Leo

I currently live in Japan, so not anytime soon. Just don't have the time or resources here to do it.

on that intakehoses.com site i dont see anything for connecting the MAF sensor to ?

I just bought a universal inter-cooler piping kit off of ebay(http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CXRa...013QQitemZ230238704677QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW) and used a peice to fab up the intake. You can get polished aluminum or stainless steel tubing.
Can't remember what size I got, but I do remember that the tubing fit snuggly inside the MAF housing. It would also help to know a welder to put in some vent tubes. This leaves you with five peices of piping left over.... make a couple more to sell on e-bay to make your money back.

on that intakehoses.com site i dont see anything for connecting the MAF sensor to ?

for the upstream side of the MAF you use a rubber coupler, for the filter side, you have to buy a MAF to filter adapter. I don't know how big an v6 MAF is but a V8 takes a 3.5" MAF adapter. I test fit the one I bought off Ebay for my Mountaineer back in the day and it fit. Then you need any cone filter of the same inner diameter. I think I paid $5 for that adapter on Ebay.

Members online

Back