v6 5spd swap to 32v v8?

bigdreaming86

LVC Member
Reaction score
i hear the lincoln fwd v8 fits the v6 standard trans in the LS? i picked up a 02-03 continental few years ago, super cheap, and found a ranger in a field, so i cut the 2 in half an made a mid engine ranger with the 32v v8 in the box of the truck... im bored again and the ls needs a big v8, never mind all other issues, but to save me pulling both engines, do the pair bolt up? same crank bolt patters too for fly wheels??

sounds interesting... but the LS V6 computer wont control a V8 and the FWD V8 computer wont talk to the rest of the car. that will be the tricky part.

You need to do a significant study regarding what you're asking.

From what you said, here, I believe you are talking about the 4.6 'Mod' motor. The V-8 engine that came in the LS Lincoln is a completely different design.

The transmission in a V-6 LS is not at all something you would use behind any V-8. It Doesn't have the torque capacity necessary and there is no bell housing to mate an LS V-8 and a stick trans.

The Lincoln LS is a rear drive car.

KS

I'd say if you were going to go through the trouble to get a 4v 4.6 to work in the LS, then you be crazy to not also throw a tremec in it too at the same time...

...then the 4.6 might as well be a terminator!

rite now i have a the intec 32v motor running with or without its factory auto trans... now it took alot of wiring and what not but i figured if the ranger project didnt work out i could easily swap this harness and motor into anything.... so i heard this intec 32v trans pattern was the same as the jag v6 rwd trans pattern.... and thought.... i have a 01' lincoln ls v6 5 spd standard. if they are the same transpattern then i want to use the original tranny for the lincoln. i work at a speed shop with plenty of resources available to make the trans tougher and clutches that'll handle 1500hp for that... im sure the trans can be built to handle a little more nyways...

lakewood, 'quick' something.. and trans-dapt make adapter plates for almost every combo, including a bell hoousing to make this fwd 32v v8 motor bolt to factory mustang 4-5-6 speeds

image (1).jpgimage (2).jpgimage (3).jpgimage (4).jpgimage.jpgthumbnail_image (1).jpgthumbnail_image (2).jpgthumbnail_image.jpg

image (1).jpg

image (2).jpg

image (3).jpg

image (4).jpg

image.jpg

thumbnail_image (1).jpg

thumbnail_image (2).jpg

thumbnail_image.jpg

i'm not sure i believe what i'm seeing. you replaced the rear axle on the ranger, with
a front k member and complete engine ? you have a rear engine ranger ?

are you kidding me.

the fwd 4.6 bolt pattern is an awkward screwed up version of the mod motor bell housing.
its not gonna bolt to anything but the atx it came with.
mark viii engines are cheap enough. buy that and a t56 instead.

thanks chis, just heard it was the same, im going to pull both motors here soon and see for sure... everyone does the 4.6 swaps now, i wanted to be different and keep it lincoln in a lincoln
guess we'll find out soon enough

i wanted to be different and keep it lincoln in a lincoln

Then the Mark 8 engine is probably what you want. But it's not like there's any significant difference between Ford and Lincoln any more like in the 50s where Lincoln had unique engines. IIRC only the heads really make a performance difference

mark viii engines are cheap enough. buy that and a t56 instead.

this x 10. hell if you get a whole junked Mark, then you would get the 8.8 rear end you would really want in there anyway!

everyone does the 4.6 swaps now, i wanted to be different and keep it lincoln in a lincoln

not really sure how doing what everybody else is doing is being different

not really sure how doing what everybody else is doing is being different

I think the ambiguous assumption is that "everyone" is doing 2 or 3 valve 4.6s from standard Mustangs, whereas this is a 4 valve 4.6 from a Lincoln...

But that's like making a distinction between an LS1 and an LS7 swap, and claiming the LS7 is different from all the other LS swaps. Same architecture, same work involved, different nametag

Edit: Ugh. I don't know my other LSes

Last edited:
actually there is a pretty big difference between the 5.7l and a 7.0l motor, as apposed to 4V 4.6l that came out of a Lincoln vs a 4V 4.6l that came out of a mustang. as far as 3V, the only people swapping 3V motors are the people that are getting rid of that turd.

with the Chevy, other than the outside dimensions being the same, they share no parts in common as opposed to the ford/Lincoln motors that are actually pretty much the same motor minus a couple of parts and the mustang versions are built with loving care by a guy that signs the motor plaque.

Members online

No members online now.
Back