Used '98-'02 considerations

CTX-SLPR

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Howdy,

Being on a budget looking at Town Car prices has got my wallet hurting even before I reach for it. I've found some high mileage ones in my reach, is there anything I should be concerned with when looking at a 100k+ mile and I've even found a 330k mile one thats very cheap! If I'm thinking of modding or even engine swapping what else would wear out on the higher milage cars and what are the best years? My big concern with any of these cars is how will the transmission hold up?
I'm thinking '01 looks to be the best, PI heads, very good Edmunds rating, plus the second round of updates... Oh well I'm thinking I might have to go for a P71 Crown Vic for cost reasons... Cheaper car means cheaper mods.

Thanks,

not enough doors, too low reliability for a daily driver, and insurance is higher than a TC, that being said, you selling one or something, and why a 97 not a 98?

Anything tranny after 1998 will hold up fine. I owned a Vic and beat the hell out of it, not one transmission problem. Every Panther car comes stock with a tranny cooler. Just change the fluids at the correct intervals.

Members online

No members online now.
Back