US Military

fcb77

LVC Member
Reaction score
was reading the thread; ohh no!!... another newbie.... from Santo and he mentioned he was USMC back from Iraq. Started me wondering if there are any other brothers (or sisters) in arms in our forum. I'm US Navy reserves, Lieutenant Commander, with a fleet hospital (the navy's version of a MASH unit, you know, the show with Alan Alda) and I've got one year orders to Iraq reporting in two months. Anyone else out there?

Army National Guard, 92-98, Infantry. HOOOOAA!!

Kbob said:
Army National Guard, 92-98, Infantry. HOOOOAA!!

I did a few weeks of training with the Army up at FT McCoy last summer. One of these days someone's going to have to explain that HOOOAA!! thing. I asked them but they said I just wouldn't understand. Tried to do it but they said it just didn't sound right from a Navy guy.

Dont forget us firefighters, and oh yeah...the cops too.

Aviation Maintenance Administrationman. US Navy 9.5 years Active Duty. 1.5 years Navy Reserve, currently on temporary active duty and about to reenlist on regular active duty.

I was one signature away from being a Nuclear Engineer in the USN. Did my ASVAB and everything. Sometimes I regret not going in, because that was like the only chance I will ever get to run a nuclear power plant. Oh well.

CaptainZilog said:
I was one signature away from being a Nuclear Engineer in the USN. Did my ASVAB and everything. Sometimes I regret not going in, because that was like the only chance I will ever get to run a nuclear power plant. Oh well.

Thank GOD you didnt, i like having only 2 arms, and 2 legs...and 2 of other parts. :)

heh heh Dohc, nope I'm just in Dayton, OH, just having fun in the materials and manufacturing directorate. Nothing really exotic, just a bunch of aluminum and sometimes composites in here. I'm just a car junky so I'm a member of I don't know how many of these boards.

USAF Staff Sergeant
Tanker Airlift Control Element
Communications Support Team
"Good Guys in Black Hats"
1996-present

Hey Guys, Thanks for everything you have done for us and our country and everything you are doing now. It makes me very proud to know there are people like you looking out for all of us. This is for all of the members of the military, police,firefighters and anyone else who puts their life on the line for all of us.

Hey does teaching 12 yr. olds for 22 years count for Military Service!!! :waving:

I've become an expert on Puberty!!! :slam

I was shot in the head by a sling shot while on active duty on the playground, Took it right between the eyes. (Waiting for a comment from Bryan and or Dave on this). :give

CaptainZilog said:

MrWilson said:
Thank GOD you didnt, i like having only 2 arms, and 2 legs...and 2 of other parts. :)

I agree that could have been Scary!! :N :joke Captain you would have done us good!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back