UpGraded 01 Alpine speakers

Jyoshida

LVC Member
Reaction score
Just thought I share
My 01 V8 fully loaded LS's Alpine system did the job, but I wasn't satisfied. So I went a head and made it all THX speakers

I am currently running 16 speakers.
----Front----
2 2013 MKS 50 Component speakers (2 speakers in one housing)
2 2011-12 MKZ 1" tweeters
2 07-14 Navigator D-PILLER Quarter panel Surround Sound speakers
----Rear----
2 Stock component speakers
2 Stock Subwoofers
2 Stock Midrange/Tweeter Center console speakers

I have the MKZ tweeters located my Defrost panels, MKS component speakers in my driver and passenger doors, and 07-14 Navigator Surround Sound speakers in the wood grain of my door.

I am running a crossover in each driver and passenger door.
MKZ tweeters are on the highs
MKS component speakers on lows
And the Navigator Surround Sound
Speakers on my stock channel.
Now you may be asking why I'm running a component speakers on the bass/low and that because a regular Woofer was I putting way to much bass and made it sound awkward. Witch some of you might like all the bass, but i didn't.
But with the component speaker it's balances out perfect and DOES NOT blow the tweeter surprisingly.

Im currently planning on taking out my stock rear speakers and doing the same thing.
I want to run a MKS component speakers and tweeter on a crossover and another set of navigator speakers in my door.
I also plan on taking out my stock subwoofer enclose and putting Regular 25 watt woofers or again MKS Component speakers With Navigator speakers not to far away.

As far a subwoofer I plan in putting in a Shaker 1000 10" in the trunk.

I just left mine stock head unit in, i added 4 speakers.
The Stock sounds system is good me going for me, I talked to a Ford Engineer, and the sound system already puts out certain frequency a to counter balance engine noise, and other vibrations. If I went to aftermarket I would to change my wiring so I just left the stock head unit in there.
It sounds amazing. I've gotten nothing but compliments from it, first question people ask is
"Dang bro what kind of system do you have in it"
and I just laugh and say it's stock.
Technically it's all Ford excepts cross overs.
Every single component used was ford except the speaker wireing and crossover. Took me a good day to wire it all up but it was worth it.

I have the Soundmark THX Certified Audio System, in my 2006 it sounds great I just want to replace the head unit but don't want to lose anything. I'm not sure how the amps and sub is wired and was wondering if installing a head unit with aftermarket wiring will cause a problem I did this to my 2001 but the factory amp was already out and I was installing two JL auto 12" subs ,replacing all other speakers and it didn't have the Soundmark THX Certified Audio System,

I have the Soundmark THX Certified Audio System, in my 2006 it sounds great I just want to replace the head unit but don't want to lose anything. I'm not sure how the amps and sub is wired and was wondering if installing a head unit with aftermarket wiring will cause a problem I did this to my 2001 but the factory amp was already out and I was installing two JL auto 12" subs ,replacing all other speakers and it didn't have the Soundmark THX Certified Audio System,

The Soundmark and THX two different systems. The Soundmark is the base system and the THX is the top-of-the-line which includes NAV.

If you have the touch screen you've got the Navigation in it.

The Sound Mark sound system came with 12 speakers.
The THX only came with 10
It didn't come with the Center console tweeters/midrange speakers

THX/Navigation Packadge includes- 10 speakers
4 Mach Component speakers or Ford component speakers in each door
Each component speakers includes a 3-4 inch woofer and 3/4 inch tweeter
And two Subwoofers in the rear deck.

Sound Mark system is the same thing Except it includes the two Tweeter/Midrange speakers in the dash that the THX system doesn't have.

Members online

Back