Upgrade to wood trim for steering wheel

eldo99er

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I might like to upgrade my standard ETC steering wheel to a steering wheel with some wood trim accents, i.e. it would still be tan leather but with wood pieces inbetween.

Any idea where best to get this done? Probably the Cadillac dealer, right? Would this require rewrapping the steering wheel or can the existing leather be kept?

How much would this cost and is this even feasible? Any risk the wood trim might come off later if it isn't done right?

eldo99er said:
I might like to upgrade my standard ETC steering wheel to a steering wheel with some wood trim accents, i.e. it would still be tan leather but with wood pieces inbetween.

Any idea where best to get this done? Probably the Cadillac dealer, right? Would this require rewrapping the steering wheel or can the existing leather be kept?

How much would this cost and is this even feasible? Any risk the wood trim might come off later if it isn't done right?

Check this out I found this in caddy forum. Its not a steering wheel, its a cover.

http://www.autoanything.com/steeringwheel-covers/61A1290A0A0.aspx

Thanks, but the cover looks kind of cheap. I am looking more for the real thing...

Check the salavage yards, should be able to find one on a differant model, or possibly order a new one..., I wouldn't think you'd be able to "Upgrade" your existing wheel...

eldo99er said:
Thanks, but the cover looks kind of cheap. I am looking more for the real thing...

My bad. That site dose'nt offer it for Caddies anyway.

Brozly said:
Check the salavage yards, should be able to find one on a differant model, or possibly order a new one..., I wouldn't think you'd be able to "Upgrade" your existing wheel...

Does that mean I have to get an entirely new steering wheel? My idea was that they would just take off the existing leather and rewrap it with a wood and leather combo...

eldo99er said:
Does that mean I have to get an entirely new steering wheel? My idea was that they would just take off the existing leather and rewrap it with a wood and leather combo...

I'm guessing, but you would probably spend more to have that done than buying a new one. Have you checked on the cost of a new one or savaged yet?

Members online

No members online now.
Back