Updates on my Mark

RobbVII

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I replaced the rt front air shock, put new rubber bushings in the front end, and new cross drilled rotors up front. Got my Glitch ballast, just gotta install it. Then today my 10 spokes arrived, so I could get the "old man" 20 spokes off (Sorry 20 spoke lovers). They were in really crappy shape anyways. The 10 spokes are temporary too. I still have a ton of goodies planned. These were just the first part, to kick off spring.
20140401_125609_zpszpuikuw2.jpg

Now...
20140401_164320_zpsk2twtx9q.jpg

Looking good, might want to add "buffing headlights" to that list too.
I did that not too long ago. They look pretty good in person. They show up hazy in pictures because they seem to have thousands of tiny cracks on the inside of the lenses. You can't really see them unless the lights are on. But I'm guessing the camera picks it up and thats why they look hazy in pictures.

I stopped reading after you said the 20 spokes were old man wheels.

Shame on you.

I stopped reading after you said the 20 spokes were old man wheels.

Shame on you.
LOL! Honestly, I'm not a fan of any of the wheels that came on the Mark VIII. Even the 10 spokes are... meh at best. Just my opinion though. Your car is sweet and your 20 spokes are in such good shape that it pulls off that look very well. :)

LOL! Honestly, I'm not a fan of any of the wheels that came on the Mark VIII. Even the 10 spokes are... meh at best. Just my opinion though. Your car is sweet and your 20 spokes are in such good shape that it pulls off that look very well. :)

Tbh, they aren't my ideal wheels either. But much like you, the original chrome 10 spokes were completely trashed from many harsh winters. They were local, in good shape and most importantly, cheap. ;)

I think the swirl 20's are classy looking wheels, right in line with Lincoln's target customer in 1995 or thereabouts. That there is a whole new demographic keeping these on the road is a good thing, right? I have snowflakes, bent 10's and now Fondmetal F1's (17) on mine. The snowflakes have Blizzaks mounted. Robb, your car isn't Toreador Red photographed thru a weird filter, is it? What color is it? I think LowSlow's cherry original is my kind of car - much like yours, but I also appreciate the lunacy of the 10 second and less crowd. That car with the Coyote is really a well engineered package, as is the red car who needs more safety equipment because he's so fast. It takes all kinds to make a world, right? I'm taking my car to the Portland Swap meet this weekend. The gearhead nirvana.

I think the swirl 20's are classy looking wheels, right in line with Lincoln's target customer in 1995 or thereabouts. That there is a whole new demographic keeping these on the road is a good thing, right? I have snowflakes, bent 10's and now Fondmetal F1's (17) on mine. The snowflakes have Blizzaks mounted. Robb, your car isn't Toreador Red photographed thru a weird filter, is it? What color is it? I think LowSlow's cherry original is my kind of car - much like yours, but I also appreciate the lunacy of the 10 second and less crowd. That car with the Coyote is really a well engineered package, as is the red car who needs more safety equipment because he's so fast. It takes all kinds to make a world, right? I'm taking my car to the Portland Swap meet this weekend. The gearhead nirvana.
It's a Collector's Edition so the color is called Cordovan.

Great color, and really unique, Robb. I thought I saw a yellow one going on the freeway yesterday. I don't think I've ever seen one in a yellow. I've seen that cream color, but no yellow. Mark owners usually stop and admire each others cars, even if they're still in progress. There is a 19 year old on the next street, trying to keep his Grandfathers silver 95 going. Very decent car, suffering from holey air bags and the dreaded clear coat splotch. 160k, but running very smooth. I helped him get brighter lights and do the brakes, and we gooped the bags until he gets income tax refund. His logic was that he cannot work without wheels, and I reluctantly agreed, as we had tried two used sets without success. He reminds me of me at that age. A car that rewards good work is always a worthwhile project.

Members online

No members online now.
Back