Update on my little ticking noise.

Chubbs765

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Recently since the cold is here I hear the noise more and more. But today I realized that this noise only happens when my car is in drive. All other gears are silent. The noise is kind of like a pencil tapping a table and somewhat quick. Any ideas at all before I pull the trigger on belt tensioners?

I guess it all depends on how loud it is. Some clicking from the fuel injectors is normal.

Ive noticed that this engine has a bit of a diesel sound to it.

Ever since i bought the car its made the same sound. Runs great.

That's the thing, mine has never made the sound up until just a few months ago. But it is fairly loud, only time I really hear it is in drive throughs or up next to another car.

If it's a chirp (high pitched) I would suspect a bearing (tensioner). Ford's injectors are notoriously noisy.

Of course when I want the car to make the noise it never does. I'm going to try and get a video. But not very high pitched. It sounds just like a pen clicking or a or pencil tapping a tabletop.

That sounds like the normal engine running noise all LS's have.

I have a noise like that and it's the injectors. If I run a bottle of Lucas Fuel Treatment through it they quiet up some. It sounded like a tappet/lifter type of noise to me which is why I was worried.

The LS engine is noisy anyways. I'd just listen for high-pitched or knocking sounds.

I have a noise like that and it's the injectors. If I run a bottle of Lucas Fuel Treatment through it they quiet up some. It sounded like a tappet/lifter type of noise to me which is why I was worried.

The LS engine is noisy anyways. I'd just listen for high-pitched or knocking sounds.

This. Its very noisy, ive replaced the belt and several pulleys and its still noisy.

My miles aren't very high either, and i run synthetic blend/motorcraft filter with less than 5K mile changes. It is a 32 valve V8 after all.

Yeah my miles are very high at all at 57,000 on a 03. But matter of fact I did notice it quieted down after running Lucas injector cleaner.

Yeah I don't really notice the ticking unless I have the hood up but since I've had the car I've run top tier gas (Chevron, 76) and added a fuel cleaner every so often to keep things running smoothly.

Members online

Back