Update on misfire problem think I found culprit (video)

Diplomat 1

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I got a chance to work on my car some more and I believe I got the problem. I hooked up my scan tool to it and after I unplugged battery I recorded this.

http://youtu.be/5ytC9DfrAh0

My maf sensor is reading 0.01 lb/s at idle. I was doin some research and at idle I think it's supposed to be at 0.06-0.09 lb/s. So I Tryed cleaning my maf with maf cleaner and same problem so I went out and bought a reman carbone maf from autozone (http://m.autozone.com/engine-manage...ardone-reman-mass-air-flow-sensor/837194_0_0/) and I still have same problem. Could this be a wiring issue? I really think this might be the problem as how the car thinks only that much air is goin into the car when in actuality its a lot more. Thanks again

i would say, 10 times out of 10 or so, the misfire is caused by bad coils.

What's more, replacing the COPs is step one to any LS repair. Have a cracked windshield?
Step 1 - replace COPs and plugs.
Step 2 - take car to glass shop...

Motorcraft COPs, and I recommend NGK plugs, platinum or better (well, platinum, cheap enough and it's not like they'll be in there long...)

I have already replaced all 8 with motorcraft plugs and coils I have been reading about the maf giving problems so I went and saw there is no 5v signal to the maf for air intake so it is either the wiring or the pcm. Anyone here sent a pcm to Sia? When I sent it to them I mention a misfire problem and a possibly transmission problem but never a maf problem. When they each test it do they test the whole pcm or just look for the problems I mentioned? Thanks

That's a question to ask SIA. First you need to verify that there are no shorts or opens on the 5V line. If there are shorts, you may just blow the repaired PCM when you reinstall it. If there are opens, then you'll still have to fix that.
I remember that someone else had a no 5V problem on this forum. I don't recall the end result.

That is my plan joegr I am gonna check continuity straight to pcm today and see if the lines are open/short. I am hoping it's not a pcm problem. If I get 5v coming out of pcm I am gonna run a new wire to maf and just incase run a return wire for the air flow. If I don't get 5v coming out of the pcm then I know it's a pcm problem and sia will get a call. Thanks

LsFrank, doesn't the maf signal wire run straight to the pcm? I don't see how that would go to a different sensor. I am gonna take ecu connectors off and go from there. Will report back

Members online

Back