UPDATE on Blown Motor

camthman

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Well, Finally got to doing some diagnosing on the LS. Seems like it wasn't a bearing like I had thought. Sound is coming from the top end. Most likely just a blown piston. Car blows smoke out the Valve cover breather, the car doesn't miss, and no smoke out the exhaust. Im guessing the skirt on the piston is cracked. Im still not sure exactly what Im going to do with the car. I have quite a few options that I have to look into.

Just thought I would let you guys know what the deal is. :(

...oh, and PLEASE someone buy my Bassani exhaust. Im tired of bumping that damn thread. :D

thanks for the update, i was wondering what was going on. i hope you fix it, i'd hate to see this car go to waste.

I just want to know how the hell its still running on all 8. :p

Hey at least you didn't do this...
Picture005.jpg

Picture004.jpg

See that hole? There was another one just like it on the opposite side. :eek:

I'm sorry Camthman .about your car . how did your motor blew ? I'm sorry I'm new .

he had recently put a turbo setup on his LS but i can't recall if that was the cause of it or if it was the internals, i believe it was the latter though

he had recently put a turbo setup on his LS but i can't recall if that was the cause of it or if it was the internals, i believe it was the latter though

Forced induction itself is not the problem with engines blowing. The problem either arises from the engine itself, the tune, or pushing too much boost for the engine to be able to handle. In Cam's case he has already mentioned that he suspects it was the engine itself being tired. He may find more out when the engine it fully broken down.

Sort of off topic, but this is what happens to a PowerStroke turbodiesel when you hit it with 103(!) PSI of boost:
ps5aa3.jpg

At least you shouldn't feel quite so bad about your engine going... ;)

stick a stick of tnt in the intake. lack of common sense. common sense being that sense with out which all sense is nonsense. jd

Members online

No members online now.
Back