UPDATE: Is my 2002 LS V8 possessed

Dukernc

LVC Member
Reaction score
UPDATE: Rather than have multiple threads on different topics I decided to compile everything here to try to make it a little easier for all... Here's the latest! I've replaced/repaired the following "things" that have recently happened in the last couple of weeks.

- Failed battery replaced - No longer have alarm sounding off and car failing to start!
- Changed clock spring - No longer getting weird readings on diagnostic screen (tail light out, etc..) and the cruise control not working! Also heated seats are now working fine!
- Was advised that since my LS is a Gen I a 50/50 chance that the cruise control switch module could also be bad so whilke I had it all apart I changed cruise control switch module - Cruise control and all switches are working fine now!
- About three week ago with only 3,200 miles since all new plugs & cops the CEL came on and no 4 cylinder was the culprit. Car ran fine but changed both plug & cop just to be sure. Two weeks ago did a 800 mile trip to the mountains and the car ran great. Last Monday night on the way home from work the CEL came on again! Went to Advance Auto and the code said misfire in no 4 cylinder, again!. So, this weekend I changed COP and plug in no 4, made sure spring was makng contact and applied dielectirc grease like before. Also, checked and cleaned all contacts to fuel injectors and applied dielectric grease to contacts. Have driven about 50 miles and so far so good! I have my fingers crossed! Thanks again to everyone for your great suggestions and advise! I'll keep you all posted! :)

Chances are it could be a cylinder adjacent to the #4 cylinder that is marginally bad. With the COP's, many (like myself) find it much less hassle to get a set of 8 from ebay for about $150 total, and change them all out at the same time. I did that two years ago and nary a misfire since.

Chances are it could be a cylinder adjacent to the #4 cylinder that is marginally bad. With the COP's, many (like myself) find it much less hassle to get a set of 8 from ebay for about $150 total, and change them all out at the same time. I did that two years ago and nary a misfire since.

Lseguy, Thanks & I understand. As I said I did change all of the plugs & Cops only 3,200 miles ago. I did buy the cops on ebay from global-automotive. But, to date almost 3+ weeks they have NOT responded to emails nor phone messages that I've left about an exchange. So, if the CEL does come on again I plan to change all of the COPs again? In the meantime, do you happen to know someone on ebay to recommend for the cops? Thanks again!

sorry..I misread..thought you only replaced the one. My error. Based on what I've been reading of late about the number of issues with the global coils? I probably would find the cheapest price I could for Motorcraft coils and go that route.

In the meantime, do you happen to know someone on ebay to recommend for the cops? Thanks again!

Don't know about Ebay but I bought all eight of my Motocraft coils from Max at Five Star Ford---->
Haven't had a problem with them since I put them in 15,000 miles ago.

The plus is being able to deal with Max, who is responsive and knowledgeable.

Don't know about Ebay but I bought all eight of my Motocraft coils from Max at Five Star Ford---->
Haven't had a problem with them since I put them in 15,000 miles ago.

The plus is being able to deal with Max, who is responsive and knowledgeable.

did you get plugs too? do you remember the total for plugs and coils from max

sorry..I misread..thought you only replaced the one. My error. Based on what I've been reading of late about the number of issues with the global coils? I probably would find the cheapest price I could for Motorcraft coils and go that route.

Lseguy, NP! I appreciate all your help! Have a good one!:drunk: :)

did you get plugs too? do you remember the total for plugs and coils from max

Yeah, I got the plugs from him too. The total was $414, which included 8 plugs, 8 coils and three day shipping. I ordered them in April 2008, longer than I had originally thought.

I did buy the cops on ebay from global-automotive. But, to date almost 3+ weeks they have NOT responded to emails nor phone messages that I've left about an exchange.

Yeah, those guys are crooks. :q:q:q:q them. Sent me coils for a completely different car (the two plugs on one end were a total mismatch and were impossible to fit), and they denied it all. It also took 3 weeks to receive this package. :q:q:q:q those guys. Glad your car is OK.

Yeah, those guys are crooks. :q:q:q:q them. Sent me coils for a completely different car (the two plugs on one end were a total mismatch and were impossible to fit), and they denied it all. It also took 3 weeks to receive this package. :q:q:q:q those guys. Glad your car is OK.

Thanks pagluy! LOL You said it those "bleep bleeps" are a bunch of no good crooks!! Thanks again!! :wrench

Members online

No members online now.
Back