Update and What is This Hose??

myfirstlincoln

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So today I had the tires put on by a Hunter touchless mounting machine and then road balanced. There was practically no damage to the plastidip (only a couple small marks around the outter lip). Overall, I am very pleased. I had Bridgestone Potenza RE970AS Pole Position Ultra High Performance All-Season (245/40/19) tires put on and was "lucky" enough to drive home in horrendous rain - the kind where you have to go 5mph cuz you can't see anything. I had no problems and so far so good. I also like that they have a fairly aggressive tread pattern.

I also replaced the serpentine belt with a Gates (that was much more a PITA than I thought it would be but it was my first time so....)

And I had pretty much all of my cooling parts replaced which leads me to my next question...
There is a hose at the front of the manifold which runs from one side to the other. I have an arrow to it in the pic. A wire which runs toward the cabin of the car is around that hose (which you can also see in pic). When that wire is plugged in, it's really pulling/tight and I'm afraid over time, it will pull the wire out of the plastic connector. It should run on the other side of the hose rather than around it. I attempted to pull the hose off but it seems really snug where it connects to the manifold and before I broke something i figured I would ask. Can I just pull that hose off or is it somehow connected to the fitting and shouldn't be simply pulled off?

hose.jpg

Looks like a fuel line. Fuel lines typically do have a special disconnect tool associated with removing them but I'm not certain if that particular hose uses that type of connector.

Joe, Thank you. It doesn't look tight in that pic because it's not connected. I'll have to look at it tomorrow when I get some daylight.

Members online

No members online now.
Back