Up date on moog mark 8 front end rebuild.

BILLBOATS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
A tire shop recently sold now has a guy with front end rack and much alignment sights. I am not real sold because this is a new business venture and they are unknown as to how well the front end mechanic rebuilds them But I asked for an estimate . I have all new moog parts, the whole 9 yards but not the cross rod bushing so I want some. Labor was 440.00 plus 80 4 wheel align. Great low cost price but I am going to 4 more shops. The parts were 330.00 rock auto, plus 440= 770.00 total cost for front end rebuild plus bushings. Now 770 is very affordable and I will pay more if I trust the shop doing the labor.

with the right tools and patience - i went out and bought an open end box wrench that ratchets for the upper control arms, it isn't too tough of a job to do the front end work yourself. Doing it all once makes it easier as you will have parts out of the way. I put on two cheap old tires to drive it for a wheel alignment, but it didn't damage those tires. Just try to put things back as you found them (same amount of threads on the strut rods, tie rods etc. Note where the camber bolts are and put them back etc.

with the right tools and patience - i went out and bought an open end box wrench that ratchets for the upper control arms, it isn't too tough of a job to do the front end work yourself. Doing it all once makes it easier as you will have parts out of the way. I put on two cheap old tires to drive it for a wheel alignment, but it didn't damage those tires. Just try to put things back as you found them (same amount of threads on the strut rods, tie rods etc. Note where the camber bolts are and put them back etc.I know theres a good directions pages and pictures on our Lincoln cad web site and they are in color.I think I could do it. Right now I have to get the car up of the gravel as the ride is shot and as yet have only 1 way to try. Air parts are here once thats done

you thought drilling out the rivets would be easy and you were right. So I think doing upper and lower control arms and strut rod bushings would be easy for you! Best to spray wd40 or some type of penetrating oil a few days before. I recall a few having issues removing the lower air strut bolt, but mine came out fine and my M8 is driven in a winter season were more salt than snow falls is used. A little finesse and patience goes a long way.

Members online

No members online now.
Back