Unwanted Stereo Noise

soccerplayer2007

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. Every time my windshield wipers wipe the windshield the speakers emit a noise on top of whatever is playing. It's not constant, it only happens when the wipers are "wiping," and when the stereo is on. When the stereo is off, they're completely quiet. Any ideas on what is causing this?

thats some weird stuff i never herd any thing like that, sounds like your speaker wire is some how rapped into ur wiper motor

my car does the same thing.....you can hear a buzz when the wipers cycle....or a pop when you turn on the lights....wait ll you hear the noise it makes when the traction control activates and the radio is on....lol. It was always intermittent when the car was in warranty...the dealer could never fix it. I noticed when i tried to re attach my saggy headliner at the 3rd brake light that it went away for awhile....but now its back. The rear speakers dont work at all half the time.

yeah....it blows having such a nice factory stereo that you cant even turn up.....:mad:

I'm thinking it must be some frequency the windshield wiper motors are emitting, possibly combined with an unshielded cable, which causes interference. I have no idea really. I also notice a similar noise from the speakers when the climate control is on. Again it's not constant, but it appears to happen when the fans are on low.

its not just when the wipers cycle....when the climate control is on....when the cooled seats are......when the traction control is activated....someone must ve had this fixed under warranty....maybe we can figure it out....id love some tunes again.....:(

It sounds like a lose ground wire in the car. try turning on the wipers and reving the motor. If the noise gets louder and faster with the Rpm's, it is definately a lose ground. Start with the ground on the radio and check the ground off of your battery. It could also be a lose ground in the radio itself.

Thanks for the response Lincoln ave. I noticed today that the sound was coming from the speakers in the trunk. So I unplugged both of them from the amp and the noise disappeared. Plugged them back in and the noise reappeared. I unplugged the driver side sub and the noise disappeared, plugged it back in and the noise didn't come back. All I can conclude is that the plug was loose?

No problem, so if the sound is only from the rear speakers, start with checking the ground on the amp. And hopefully that is the problem, if not check the rear speakers and hope the amp is not going bad. Could be the amp itself.

Had a similar problem and turned out to be a loose ground wire touch metal. Just wrapped in electrical tape and fixed it right up.

Members online

No members online now.
Back