unique whips

blacklse

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Any of you guys watch unique whips on the SPEED channel, its definately the best car show out there, and probably my favorite show on tv.

never heard of that befor
where do they sell them
hey your in cleveland im in beachwood in cleveland also

I've watched them every wed.!! It's a good show, to bad the average person can't get any custom work done there being they charge an arm and a leg for there custom work!!

They use sandpaper and regular spray paint to paint the dashes and put custom speaker boxes in H2's with some wrap -- Sorry West Coast Customs has been kickin ass far longer than any of the other guys. Don't let Xzibit fool you, they put out some hokey wack stuff for the show "Pimp my Ride" so everyone talks about the meat locker plus disco dance floor they fit in a car.

They've got some work that is just sick that they've done, its far beyond some twead wrap, a painted dash and speaker boxes - Negative Camber had a lot of rides go there, those cars are just unbelievable.

I was buying west coast customs gear 10 years ago for my s-10 ;)

Yeah he right about WCC put out some nice stuff that you don't really get to see since what's on MTV is geared for MTV heads that why it some whack stuff sometime also 301 Motoring put out nice stuff too. That had a feature on 301 Motoring and WCC on an episode of Rides once that showcased some of thier work. But I guess Unique Whips are those of us on the east cost I watch all the car tv shows I can even the whack DIY channels Tricked Out and Weekend Mechanic(don't hate)

ovsims said:
Yeah he right about WCC put out some nice stuff that you don't really get to see since what's on MTV is geared for MTV heads that why it some whack stuff sometime also 301 Motoring put out nice stuff too. That had a feature on 301 Motoring and WCC on an episode of Rides once that showcased some of thier work. But I guess Unique Whips are those of us on the east cost I watch all the car tv shows I can even the whack DIY channels Tricked Out and Weekend Mechanic(don't hate)
Hey, I like Tricked Out! The reason is that it's filmed here in Knoxville at the HGTV lot. Too bad they only trick out compacts. I was going to approach them to do a tricked out LS on there since I know one of the producers on the show but they only show compacts. What would be sweet is that if we could pitch them an DIY show for Luxury Sedans/Coupes like the Lincolns and Caddys!

GrayGhost1 said:
Hey, I like Tricked Out! The reason is that it's filmed here in Knoxville at the HGTV lot. Too bad they only trick out compacts. I was going to approach them to do a tricked out LS on there since I know one of the producers on the show but they only show compacts. What would be sweet is that if we could pitch them an DIY show for Luxury Sedans/Coupes like the Lincolns and Caddys!

H*LL Yeah! I would be game for that show! Just one time it would be nice to see someone on a national car show with a LS gettin pimped out. Just once!, is all I am asking for. Go for it Ken you seem to be our strongest member and you have a inside connection. Good Luck! Is there anyway we can all email HGTV and request for the LS to be featured? You know the more request they get the more of chance this might work!!
:Beer
-Scott-

Unique whips huh, how many do you have in your collection!? lololol

Yall just dont know how hard it has been to leave alone the "unique whips" thread title!!! Finally a reason for me to post to it.

Ohio LS - Then bring that lovely LS you have to the Grove City Car and Cruise, south side of Columbus. I know it is not a National, but ya gotta start somewhere!.

so far I don't think we have any one representin LS's showing up, so kick it in, sign up and see you threre!!!!

MsM8tress

whips

That show is ok, but who cares about how mony lcd screens you can put in a h2 or magnum. I prefer Dream car garage and tuner transformation. TV screens and huge spinning rims don't make it fast or help it go around corners

MsM8tress said:
Unique whips huh, how many do you have in your collection!? lololol

Yall just dont know how hard it has been to leave alone the "unique whips" thread title!!! Finally a reason for me to post to it.

Ohio LS - Then bring that lovely LS you have to the Grove City Car and Cruise, south side of Columbus. I know it is not a National, but ya gotta start somewhere!.

so far I don't think we have any one representin LS's showing up, so kick it in, sign up and see you threre!!!!

MsM8tress

When and where? Show me the ways and maybe just maybe I will show up. I do show my Jaguar XKE the entrie summer so hopefully it doesnt land on one of those dates. :waving:

-Scott-

man, I miss tv...

No cable where I am at, and because my house is completely enclosed by LARGE trees, no sat avail either!

On a good day I get 2 channels.... of an antenna 35 feet above house!

Definately love the show, but I do get tired of the Magnums, Escalades, and Bentley GT's that every other celebrity gets done. Let's see some Lincolns!!

itsnotmydaddys said:
its on right now, what a suprise theyre doing a magnum.
The wheels they put on Vida's 5-series BMW looked like crap. However, I loved the grille they put on the 7-series BMW.

GrayGhost1 said:
The wheels they put on Vida's 5-series BMW looked like crap. However, I loved the grille they put on the 7-series BMW.

Ken,
You see the packaging and box that 7-series grille came in. They spent more money on the boxing then I think on the grille itself. HAHA Anyone else notice when they where installing those lambo doors they dont show you the true installation. My thought is they dont want anyone to see how easy it really is. HAHA

-Scott-

ohioLS said:
Ken,
You see the packaging and box that 7-series grille came in. They spent more money on the boxing then I think on the grille itself. HAHA Anyone else notice when they where installing those lambo doors they dont show you the true installation. My thought is they dont want anyone to see how easy it really is. HAHA

-Scott-
I was very interested in the wood grain effect they put on the panels from the 7-series. They company they bought the grille from definitely had an elaborate packaging system. I would imagine that about 1/4 of the cost of the grille was from that box it came in.

Is it me or do I just don't get the Lambo door concept. It looks kind of hokey on a 4 door car to me. You are right Scott. Lambo doors are fairly easy to do. They did a segment on Tricked Out that showed the installation of the lambo doors. Worse part of the whole deal is taking the front fenders off.

GrayGhost1 said:
I was very interested in the wood grain effect they put on the panels from the 7-series. They company they bought the grille from definitely had an elaborate packaging system. I would imagine that about 1/4 of the cost of the grille was from that box it came in.

Is it me or do I just don't get the Lambo door concept. It looks kind of hokey on a 4 door car to me. You are right Scott. Lambo doors are fairly easy to do. They did a segment on Tricked Out that showed the installation of the lambo doors. Worse part of the whole deal is taking the front fenders off.

10-4 that there trucker buddy..........lambo door look VERY hokey on a 4-door!! Seriously people need there head checked when they install those hinges. Curious what that idot paided to have those put on? But again this just is a honest opinion between two guys. Sorry if anyone is insulted!

:Beer
-Scott-

what about suicide doors anyone know if thats easy to do. im seriously thinking about doing this to my ls. also has anyone heard from stateproperty about his ls and how the whole project is going

Members online

No members online now.
Back