Unique But Successful Trans. Fix

@scjmc I've never had a tuned car before, I thought about doing it on my f150 but sold it before I could do it. This is my daily driver so I need it to stay as reliable as it has been. My recent suspension fix was the longest it was out (3 days). A trans problem will probably last a lot longer. My symptoms lead me to believe that the solenoids need fixing or the tq converter or something is messed up.

My symptoms are as follows: jerks into gear from park with a delay, jerks while shifting from gear to gear, slips at in town speeds, wot it will shudder from time to time, shudders on downshift, in sst mode it will not return to 1st all the time, in sst mode when i shift into third it will have like a delayed like it shifts into 4th and then into 3rd.

I've unplugged it to see if it would relearn but I'm pretty sure it's the solenoid packs and/or tq converter with the shudder. Within the next few months I'd like it to shift right. The only other problem I have with it is I think sway bar bushings, once that's done it should be like new or feel like there is nothing wrong. But like the real LS owner's guide states "If you think your LS is broken. It probably is. If you don't think your LS is broken. It probably is anyway."

I agree with the SCT tuner. I had one on my '01 continental and it would almost "chirp" the tires when it shifted. If you just want to tweak the trans., my local Ford dealer quoted me $90 to re-flash the trans. only. I beleive that most dealers will charge whatever their normal minimum charge for a computer diagnosis is (usually the normal 1 hour labor charge).

@scjmc I've never had a tuned car before, I thought about doing it on my f150 but sold it before I could do it. This is my daily driver so I need it to stay as reliable as it has been. My recent suspension fix was the longest it was out (3 days). A trans problem will probably last a lot longer. My symptoms lead me to believe that the solenoids need fixing or the tq converter or something is messed up.

My symptoms are as follows: jerks into gear from park with a delay, jerks while shifting from gear to gear, slips at in town speeds, wot it will shudder from time to time, shudders on downshift, in sst mode it will not return to 1st all the time, in sst mode when i shift into third it will have like a delayed like it shifts into 4th and then into 3rd.

I've unplugged it to see if it would relearn but I'm pretty sure it's the solenoid packs and/or tq converter with the shudder. Within the next few months I'd like it to shift right. The only other problem I have with it is I think sway bar bushings, once that's done it should be like new or feel like there is nothing wrong. But like the real LS owner's guide states "If you think your LS is broken. It probably is. If you don't think your LS is broken. It probably is anyway."

My LS is the first car that I ever had tuned. I think that it is the best all around performance upgrade for the money. In addition to the trans tuning, I can start in SST 1st gear, neutral rev limiter moved, HP increased (not much), and mileage increase of 1.5MPG. Good luck with your tranny problem. I am sorting out a trans problem on my F-150 now......

Servo Bore

Has anyone had to have their servo bores honed and re-sleeved?
According to a couple of my mechanic friends, this is a common issue with the 5R55x family of transmissions.

I heard about it from an indy trans shop when I took my LS in. Online research seems to corroborate the issue. My LS won't shift from 1-2 or from 4-5 (need the OD band to engage, but it won't due to the worn/leaking servo bore. The only way to drive my car without triggering the trans "E" message is to shift manually and start in 2nd (really 1st) and it works. Want to do the repair myself after the indy shop threw a solenoid pack at it for no reason.

So how do we locate Torrie? I'm wouldn;t mind a tuner that has a track record of not screwing up my car!!

With so many trusted guys proclaiming Torrie's success I'd be confident in giving him a shot.

Did he basicly start with the same tune and just makes small adjustments as the individual driver wants more of this and less of that?

I heard about it from an indy trans shop when I took my LS in. Online research seems to corroborate the issue. My LS won't shift from 1-2 or from 4-5 (need the OD band to engage, but it won't due to the worn/leaking servo bore. The only way to drive my car without triggering the trans "E" message is to shift manually and start in 2nd (really 1st) and it works. Want to do the repair myself after the indy shop threw a solenoid pack at it for no reason.

http://www.fordservoboretransmissionfixsolution.com/

Members online

No members online now.
Back