uneasy feelings

DLS8K

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys.....so here is my problem: While driving down the road and lightly accelerating from around 40 mph up to 70 mph in D5, i notice something seems to be either hesitating in the engine OR the transmission seems to be bucking once the car passes its first shift point from initial acceleration.

I have had the solenoid pack/valve body replaced as well as my valve covers/spark plugs less than 10000 miles ago. My car has not thrown a CEL or MIL.

To give a little more information......I may have narrowed it down to a problem with the mechanics of my transmission. I tried putting it in D4 and tried to duplicate the problem though I could not. I also tried putting the car in SST and it seems right after I shift from 2 to 3 there is some hesitation/uneasiness. Also, when I accelerate heavily, there are no noticeable problems.....only under light acceleration is there a concern.

Any ideas or do you need more information? Thanks for the help!

I am currently having the same issue. Under light acceleration my car is a dog between 40 and 50 mph. I am interested to hear what others have to say about this topic.

When mine was doing that it was because of the transmission solenoid, but since you have already taken care of that problem I don't know what it could be but I think you are probably looking in the right direction with something else in the transmission

Tranny Issue

DLS8K said:
Hey guys.....so here is my problem: While driving down the road and lightly accelerating from around 40 mph up to 70 mph in D5, i notice something seems to be either hesitating in the engine OR the transmission seems to be bucking once the car passes its first shift point from initial acceleration.

I have had the solenoid pack/valve body replaced as well as my valve covers/spark plugs less than 10000 miles ago. My car has not thrown a CEL or MIL.

To give a little more information......I may have narrowed it down to a problem with the mechanics of my transmission. I tried putting it in D4 and tried to duplicate the problem though I could not. I also tried putting the car in SST and it seems right after I shift from 2 to 3 there is some hesitation/uneasiness. Also, when I accelerate heavily, there are no noticeable problems.....only under light acceleration is there a concern.

Any ideas or do you need more information? Thanks for the help!

DLS8K
My 03 Premium Sport had the same proble as yours with just over 7000 on the clock. Same change as you had resolved the problem for me but there are only 5000 more miles on the clock now. I believe that I recall seeing on this site or the LoL site that one owner had to replace the solenoids twice.
Hope that you don't need that but its worth keeping in mind.
Lincolnlov

I know the solenoid is a common problem in these cars but what exactly does it do? Dealer ran a carfax for me at my last visit and said that my car had the solenoid changed a few months before I bought it (at 20,000 mi). Does frequent fluid changing enhance the life of this piece or is it a lost cause?
thanks for any input.

n8

I had a similar problem recently, similar to the COPs going bad it turned out to be a valve body.

Members online

Back