Under tray help

myfirstls

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello guys. Just got back from work so I haven't craw under the car yet.

I noticed the plastic tray under the engine has come loose. Front is still attached, but the rear side has come off and it's scraping the ground.

Can anybody tell me what kind of fastener it uses? Is it the plastic one?

If I remember correctly it is a small screw that attaches to the frame under the engine.

Yeah, I was missing one as well and the corner dragged sometimes. It was an M6 or M5 screw or something. Take the other one out, bring it to the hardware store, and find the thread that matches, then match length

This is assuming you mean the pair of rear covers attached to your suspension subframe and the frame crossing the rear of the engine, NOT the one under the radiator.

Yeah, I was missing one as well and the corner dragged sometimes. It was an M6 or M5 screw or something. Take the other one out, bring it to the hardware store, and find the thread that matches, then match length

This is assuming you mean the pair of rear covers attached to your suspension subframe and the frame crossing the rear of the engine, NOT the one under the radiator.

Actually, it's the one under the engine. I didn't know what the thing was called. Looked up on the net and said it's splash shield.

Actually, it's the one under the engine. ...

Look again. There's no shield under the engine.
There are three shields. A big one that goes from the front of the bumper back to the oil filter. It stops just short of the engine. There are two small shields that go to the left and to the right of the engine. The two small shields are held on by small bolts (smaller in the front than the back). The back of the big shield is held on by the small bolts at the front of each of the small shields.

Members online

No members online now.
Back