TV's in the headrest.

DUVALINCOLN

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I just ordered some TV monitors that are already installed in headrest for my 04 LS and I was wondering if anyone knew:

1. How to Remove the factory headrest off of the leather seats.

2. How to Remove the Hard plastic panel off the back of the front seats or the leather seat cover so I could install the wires.

I've been giving some off the wall prices for installations so, I would be forever grateful if there was a way to do this myself without paying someone. i know the kids will love it. Thanx.

I can't help with the install but I do have an important question - Will these TV's receive the new Digital signal that the Gov. is forcing everyone to by I think this June?

These screens don't have a tuner built into them. They only have inputs to receive a signal. You'd have to buy a separate TV tuner. Yes, they do make digital ones.

I've wanted to put screens in the headrests, but I like my LS without busted windows and missing headrests. It seems like a mod like this would be asking for a theft. Unless you have real dark tint or something.

The headrest support posts have a little button at the base for adjusting the height, just push that in, and pull the headrest all the way out.

I don't know how to remove the seat backs, but I believe they are just held in by clips that tend to break.

I just used a wire from the top you will need one that can bend a little while its going down. I tried to use a thick coat hanger but it kept getting stuck.

Remove the seat back trim panel.

1. Holding the panel at bottom center, pull rearward (not up) until both lower attachments are disengaged.

2. While pushing in at the top of the panel, slide the panel down to disengage the upper J-hooks.

3. Remove the panel.

I've wanted to put screens in the headrests, but I like my LS without busted windows and missing headrests. It seems like a mod like this would be asking for a theft. Unless you have real dark tint or something.

I've seen headrests that have a leather "flap" that covers the screen and either snaps or velcros over it so that it looks like an ordinary head rest and flips out of the way when you want to watch them.

Not that this helps you any, but just F.Y.I.

I've seen them too. They don't look the greatest when either open or closed.

the one thing I was thining of though is some type of removable headrest cover. I could keep them in the pockets behind the seats, and just throw them over the headrests if I'm parked outside.

Get a nice bag and you can just take the headrests with you when you leave the car. Just like the old removable stereo faceplates. There is a thread where someone had done this. It shows pictures of the finished product. Do some searching and in a few years you might find it.

Members online

Back