Turn Signal Problems

tacklebox

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
1996 Deville

I ran out of blinker fluid. I know, I know, but it describes the problem pretty well. When I first got the car the turn signal would occasionally make a slightly different noise, like its normal click but labored. For the last week the turn signals would work for about 20min (almost all my commute). Go to get off the freeway, hit the turn signal and nothing. Turn the car off and on and the signals would start working again. This morning the blinker “ran out of gas”. It would blink and click once or twice and stop for the first turn or 2. After that it like half clicked and nothing and now nothing. Emergency flashers work, indicators on dash lights up (E-flasher only), clicks sound faint but might be normal, exterior signal lamps are lit/flashing.

I guess the first questions is what do I replace and where is it? The relay? The switch? Something else? Is there some other test I should run to determine what’s faulty? Second question what is it I’m specifically looking for. Blinker, turn signal, flasher, relay, switch: There’s a lot of different names to describe the correct part. Looking on advance auto what should be “exact fit” for my car for turn signal relay has very different pictures of the parts. Some look like an actual wiring connector others look like the 3 prong square thing I’m familiar with.

Thanks for your help! I really appreciate it.

replace the relay would be my first guess. I think its the rectangular module to the right of the cylindrical flasher module - closer to the steering column

Members online

No members online now.
Back