Turn Signal Lever

thatbikerguy

LVC Member
Reaction score
Is the turn signal supposed to auto return after completing the turn? or do you have to return it manually?
"1988 Eldorado"

im not sure with your year but on my 92 eldorado it does do the automatic return. Does anyone know what makes it do that though cause my right turn signal returns after i make the turn but not my left turn signal. If anyone knows how to fix this the info will be appreciated. its not that much trouble but if its an easy fix i might as well fix it. Thanks

There is a turn signal return cam located in the steering colum. Mine is broken... will fix at a later date if I fix it at all.

It's supposed to auto return. Just pull the cover off your steering column and replace your turn signal switch. I've done it on alot of cars including my 87, 3 fords, my old town car and a subaru. It's easier then it looks.

I just fixed that same problem on my 89 De Ville and it turned out to be a broken spring. There are 2 springs which hook into the turn signal switch and that the turn signal cam hit to move the switch back to center . Once you get the steering wheel and the steering lock plate off the springs are right there. My local parts store even stocked them so it must be a common failure.

Members online

No members online now.
Back