turbo fitments

cf99gt

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
i was reading on another forum where they have a built DOHC 5.4 thats been bored to a 5.5 and they are putting it in a 99-04 body style mustang GT with twin turbos.... surely if that can be done we can get some in our cars with the stock engine

Anything can be done when you aren't afraid of some custom work. The problem is that most people are. That is where the problem lies. I have found through my personal exploits with custom car projects that getting the balls to do it is half the battle, the other half is actually knowing what the hell you are doing. ;)

The way those were mounted won't work in our vehicles do to the fitment and header issues. The next logical would be a Squires type setup with the Turbos in the rear. That is, of course, you are committed to turbos. Like all big mods, money goes a long ways to making things happen. There is a lot of fabrication that will be one off for most of the system.

The way those were mounted won't work in our vehicles do to the fitment and header issues. The next logical would be a Squires type setup with the Turbos in the rear. That is, of course, you are committed to turbos. Like all big mods, money goes a long ways to making things happen. There is a lot of fabrication that will be one off for most of the system.

Though I have not seen pictures of the particular vehicle you two are referring to I can assure you that the Marks have enough room to do a conventional mounted TT. There will be things that will require relocation but with some custom work it is doable. Remember guys, don't write something off as impossible just because you have not personally seen it done.

My only reason for not going Turbo or Twins for that matter is.............. Where the hell would you run the down pipe from the turbos Through the Subframe?

Members online

No members online now.
Back