Tuning Lincoln LS..

Chip3130

LVC Member
Reaction score
My friend has a SCT Tuner XCalibrater 2.. and tuned his LS..
I was interested in tuning my lincoln..

2002 lincoln ls v8..

How do I go about tuning it, and what will i gain?
Will it damage my vehicle in the long run?

I want to start doing some performance upgrades, already have intake and magnaflow exhaust, anything else I should do? Have a new job and money to spend!

Thanks all,
Chip.

First: Buy an SCT Xcal tuner for FORDs

Second: Find someone with a good tune. Theres a guy named Torrie who sells them. If you can get Robs tune, even better. But I doubt it since hes impossible to get ahold of. You could try: Robert@KBXPerformance.com

Third: You download the Xcals Drivers onto your comp. Then transfer the Tune (extension .ll3) onto the Xcaliburator.

Fourth: You plug the tuner into your car. Backup your factory settings.

Fifth: Install tune.

As far as 'danger' goes, if your buying a reputable tune, your fine. However if you decide to use your Xcal tuner to modify settings in your cars comp, then there's a potential you will screw up your car. Badly.

First: Buy an SCT Xcal tuner for FORDs

Second: Find someone with a good tune. Theres a guy named Torrie who sells them. If you can get Robs tune, even better. But I doubt it since hes impossible to get ahold of. You could try: Robert@KBXPerformance.com

Third: You download the Xcals Drivers onto your comp. Then transfer the Tune (extension .ll3) onto the Xcaliburator.

Fourth: You plug the tuner into your car. Backup your factory settings.

Fifth: Install tune.

As far as 'danger' goes, if your buying a reputable tune, your fine. However if you decide to use your Xcal tuner to modify settings in your cars comp, then there's a potential you will screw up your car. Badly.

ive found SOME Sct tuners with preloaded tunes, are these any good? or is it a must to contact one of those guys?

Chip.

Crazy right.... and those cars cost about twice as much there than they do here.

ive found SOME Sct tuners with preloaded tunes, are these any good? or is it a must to contact one of those guys?

the preloaded tune are better the the OEM tun, but nowhere near as good as having a tuner make you one as they will do a lot better job and customize it to your taste, most of them also cut you a sweet deal if you also buy the tuner from them.

the preloaded tune are better the the OEM tun, but nowhere near as good as having a tuner make you one as they will do a lot better job and customize it to your taste, most of them also cut you a sweet deal if you also buy the tuner from them.

Any direction on who and where to get them?

Robert@KBXPerformance.com I emailed.

Anywhere else?

Thanks a lot 1LoudLS

Chip.

yeah i would check with torrie. as i think rob is probably still busy in the navy since we haven't seen much of him since.

just purchased the xcal3 from Torrie, he's a big help...

any reviews on tunes from him? or just tunes in general? what do you guys think?

My LS is my only car, so im a lil nervous but hyped! lol

I have three tunes from Torrie, I run the mild one for daily driving, improves shifts, and the big one for me is throttle response. It took some adjusting from Torrie to get things the way I like it, the performance tune is a bit too much for city driving, even the mild tune can squawk the tires going from 2nd to 3rd in the summer time.

Torrie was one of the original tuner to break the LS code for tunning, safe to say he has probably tuned more LS's than anyone else. He gives excellent customer service and is quick to respond to emails. Some have said he is abrupt and not a hand holder/spoon feeder, he gets to the point, all of my contact has been excellent.

Highly recommend him.

just purchased the xcal3 from Torrie, he's a big help...

any reviews on tunes from him? or just tunes in general? what do you guys think?

My LS is my only car, so im a lil nervous but hyped! lol

What does torrie charge for a tune?

And don't be nervous. Tuning the LS = Boss. It quite literally wakes the car up from its long long sleep it has been put in...

I am running two tunes (from Rob, tho Torries tunes are very good too). My first is a street setting, can squak any tire I run, shifts are quick as hell. Fully wakes the car.
My Second tune, is a Track tune. Its way too bloody aggressive for the streets, and my guess could be unreliable for that reason.

My suggestion (if you know alot about cars and know what your doin) When you Install the tune, just before it installs you can go through the settings, and what I did personally, I removed the top speed Gov, and the neutral Limit I set to 7000 Rpms. Makes reving your LS at Red lights, surrounded by other vehicles ALOT more humorous!!

I killed the Top speed Gov cause I hate being limited. But thats me, its there for a reason = Safety.

unreliable, I think not. :gr_devil:

Haha big rig, I ran it for 3 weeks straight. It absolutely embarrassingly kills my second Gen. I reverted back to the street tune, and kid you not, feels like my LS is lacking power.

I dont know how anyone can drive a Stock gen 1. Looking back when I thought I was a hot shot 6 years ago When I first purchased it, wow did I have no clue.

One last question!

I got my xcal 3 today... going to do the strategy codes and send them over to Torrie..

WHICH FUSES / WHICH PRECAUTIONS should I take when I upload the tune to the car??

Thanks a lot!

Just turn off all electrical accessories: auto heater/air, auto lights, radio, radar detector, and anything else that comes on when you turn the key and you should be good as long as your battery has a good charge.

I keep getting an error 1017 upload stock failed...

I removed the 3 fuses for the fuel pump and the 2 for the fan...

!?!?

If you don't mind Chip, or anyone else for that matter, take a picture of the pins on the OBD II plug on your tuner.

thank you

Members online

Back