Trunk Release

SurfjaxLS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
The trunk release on my 2000 LS went this morning. I can open it only with the keyhole on the trunk. The interior button as well as the button on the remote won't open it.

Any ideas what it could be, wiring, solenoid, etc.

if you are not hearing anything 'click' when you push the button try fuse #1 in the trunk - it's a 15A fused labeled decklid release.

check to make sure you do not have the 'lock override' or 'valet button' on.

- the 'valet button' is on the left side of the inside rim of the glove box - disables remote trunck release
- the 'lock override' button is on the lower trunk sill beside the latch.

Don't have valet option, and not sure of what the lock overide button is. I looked around the entire trunk sill and couldn't find any kind of button.

SurfjaxLS said:
Don't have valet option, and not sure of what the lock overide button is. I looked around the entire trunk sill and couldn't find any kind of button.

sorry - I lied - the Bonneville SSEi has the lock out button - pain in the butt - you would hit it by accident loading things into it and then disabling the trunk release....

The release mechanizism is right above the locking hardware. You should be able to pull back the trunk lid liner and use a voltmeter to see if power is getting there - then you can rule out fuses, REM, ...etc.

If power is getting to the solenoid and it won't unlatch - maybe it's bad....

Bad connection, sticking the voltmeter leads into the harness reconnected the wires, and it works.

Members online

Back