Trunk Pulldown

Rollinon20s

LVC Member
Reaction score
hey guys, here's the problem...
the pulldown goes up when the truck is open, but never comes back down when closed.

SO let me know what you got. :feedback

I don't know which year yours is, but I have a 90 and a 98 and they have different pull downs but the mechanism used to trigger the up/down is similar, on the 90, there are 2 small black levers, one on the latch, one on the pull down mechanism, when they contact or clear that dictates which way the pulldown goes. I had this same problem on my 90 and what I found was that the lever was not letting all the way out because dirt/dried grease was gumming up the spring area. I cleaned it out, exercised it, put some grease back in there and moved the lever on the latch until the bottom mechanism went all the way open and 'clicked.' if you don't hear this click then the pull down is stopping short and will not pull down. Give it a try...

Rollinon20s said:
hey guys, here's the problem...
the pulldown goes up when the truck is open, but never comes back down when closed.

SO let me know what you got. :feedback

i have a 95 town car and when mine would go down, i took it apart, now it doesnt go up either 8(

Members online

Back