Trunk CD changer

kaha

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Got around to checking it out (the radio stations here suck), and when I push the CD switch on the radio it looks like it's scanning track one, moving to the next, wash, rinse, repeat. No music. Radio works fine, haven't tried out cassettes.
Yes, I put music CDs in it. :p
Does it just need a good blowing out, or is it most likely toast?

its eather too hot. theres a sensor that will shut off the CD player at 89* or something like that, but i would think that its toast. ive gone threw 4 cd changers and ive given up. im lookin into the pioneer 6 disc changer. that might be able to wire into the old harness.

but yes, i would say its dead.

Bummer, that's kinda what I was figuring too. :(

Might upgrade the whole audio system the way you did once work picks back up at the shop and I'm making some money again. This Laid Off business is really starting to bring me down; so many things I want to do to my Mark but right now all I can do is keep it insured and put gas in it.

mine does that on occasion..I usually unload and load the cartridge and/or knock on the changer to get mine to work. I would say if you have gone through five changers the probability is leaning towards a problem other than the changer. According to the service manual chances are you have a problem with the power going to the cd changer. You need to check the harness to the changer for power with a voltmeter.

ok, heres what i would do. take the back plat off the cd changer. then take out the board. there is a fuse on the bored, see if that fuse is blown, thats what happened to one of mine.

I think I have a few CD changers laying around both out of a 93 .... my son also has one in his 96 but not sure if his works ... he has a different head unit.

I also have a JVC 12 disc with cable ....

I think I have a few CD changers laying around both out of a 93 .... my son also has one in his 96 but not sure if his works ... he has a different head unit.

I also have a JVC 12 disc with cable ....

Will the 93 changers work in a 96 LSC?
If so, I'd be glad to buy one from you. Gotta wait til the end of the month tho, cos I have to make sure I make rent and this massive utility bill first. Might wind up having to sell more crap, sigh.

Members online

No members online now.
Back