Trouble with sound system.

Joshio

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I have the 2005 lincoln ls with the thx navigation system. Everything worked fine but i thought i would upgrade. So i did. I bought an alpine ilx w650 head unit and an amp and a sub. The bass just went bye bye and the whole thing sounds like garbage. The amp and sub are working but it is worse than stock. Any ideas?

Try bypassing YOUR amp and sub... and connect the new head unit back into the factory wiring.
I have the head unit wired into the factory amp which powers the door speakers. Which still sounds good but the aftermarket amp powers the sub and i cant seem to get much bass out of it at all. I triple checked and the wiring is correct. The only thing i can think of is that the head unit is trash

Thats the problem. Ive triple checked everything. The only thing i can think is the head unit just sucks. All the wiring and impedence are correct.

Or... if you bought a big honkin box sub with a 12" woofer... the factory sub amp might not have enough power to drive it.
I have a kicker comp r 10 inch and the box is not that big . I am using a 800 watt 4 channel amp which is putting 400 watts to it. I bypassed the factory sub amp completely

Members online

No members online now.
Back