trouble finding a part

91hotrodLM7

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I visit this site all the time looking for tips and just looking at pics of all the awesome lincolns(and cadillacs). But I got myself into a bad situation with the conclusion involving me needing a new bumper shock. I have a 91 Lincoln mark 7 LSC. I'm 17 years old and I'm not to great with cars..(trying to learn now;) ) and I can't seem to find a bumper shock. My dad has checked the local junkyards and can't seem to find the right one, and no luck finding one on ebay. Called up ford and they don't make the part anymore. :mad: I was wondering if a bumper shock from maybe a thunderbird or something would match this one, or any info on where I can get my hands on one. Any help would be great! Thanks :L

17 and driving a Lincoln Mark VII?
You're one smark Dude!
Welcome!
The yards will be your best bet. Maybe even a call or two to yards in neighboring towns/states. I'm near Philadelphia, PA and there is a LOT of them available around here.

JD

Hoi mate.. . I'm parting out my old '85. I'm sure the size is the same.

The bumpers are already off. You need front or back?

Leme know...
Cheers!

I just bought a 84 that might have one.

I f not I know where there is a 95 at a yard north of me in tulsa. I pulled a few parts from it and it has a full body still and a great looking engine (5.0 HO fully intact. Let me know what exactly it is and I might have it on my 84 i just bought to part out...

Well I need a front bumper shock... My dad pulled one from a mark 7 but the size of the shock didn't match mine. The one he pulled had about 6 1/2 inches bt the flanges but the one I need has about 3 1/2 inches between the flanges. I've called around to a few junkyards but no match....
my email is twostix88@msn.com and my aim is twosticks14
thanks and keep in touch, matt

Whoops.
The 1990-1992 may be different than previous years. This is my 1990. I had the beater 1988-1989 turbine wheels installed for it's trip to the shop.

oldschool1019.jpg

oldschool1027.jpg

I have both front bumper shocks off of an 89 Blass.

10 bucks for both plus shipping and they are yours.

Later man.

Oldschool, i bought my LSC when i was 17. ;)

I have one on my 84 that will fit. If you havent found one...I have a guy here locally that wants the front clip so when we pull that i can get it for you. Let me know!

ILL VII said:
I have both front bumper shocks off of an 89 Blass.

10 bucks for both plus shipping and they are yours.

Later man.

Oldschool, i bought my LSC when i was 17. ;)
... and how old are you now ... 17 and a half? :)

You have GOT to hang out with us!

Brian Williams said:
I have one on my 84 that will fit. If you havent found one...I have a guy here locally that wants the front clip so when we pull that i can get it for you. Let me know!

Sounds like you're getting the bug! :thumbsUp:

After the holidays john, i have to install a new clutch and some other things. Come spring time it should be ready for the track. I work in philly now and will probably be moving out that way sometimetime in the near future. :D

Oh and its, 20 and a 1/2. :p

Yeah yeah.
As long as you own a Ford, you're cool with me.
Even with the cold weather, there are those of us still hitting the yards and working on everything except vacuum lines (which crack in this weather rreeaall eeaassyy). Also, I'm in 19018. The Club address is 19101 (Philly).

ahhhhhhh it's been about two months now and I can't find this part anywhere. I've checked a bunch of the larger junkyards in the area and tried to buy one online for 160 bucks... after a few days of waiting they told me they don't have it and neither do any of the obsolete warehouses they called. If anyone knows where I can get my hands on a bumper shock from a 90-92 mark 7 I would be grateful :p. Also oldschool you said you live in Phillidelphia? Would you be able to give me the names, or the numbers if you know them off hand, for the junkyards you think might carry a 90-92 mk7.
thanks, matt

Where are you located?

And John, I was 17 when I bought my first VII, and I've had another 1 since then... I know a few 17 y/o with VII's, it's not uncommon:rolleyes: :D

91hotrodLM7 said:
Also oldschool you said you live in Phillidelphia? Would you be able to give me the names, or the numbers if you know them off hand, for the junkyards you think might carry a 90-92 mk7.
thanks, matt
My favorite yard, Shorty's You Pull It, is at 541 Flint Hill Road, King Of Prussia, PA 19406, 610.270.9812 Nobody beats their prices.

Most of the others can be found through Google as they are either on PASSYUNK AVENUE or 60th through 63rd streets. I just did a search for [passyunk avenue philadelphia pa auto parts] and got 1400 results.

ok cool i just found a bunch of places, maybe I can take a trip down this weekend and pull it. Do you think shorty's would be the best bet for a 90-92 mark 7, or might I have to travel around to these other places too?
thanks for all the help, matt
Black87LSC said:
Where are you located?
PS I live in the wilkes barre scranton section of PA

Members online

Back