Triple A Pillar Gaugepod

falcon50

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Since the Triple A Pillar Gaugepod is designed for a Thunderbird, some modifications are needed.

Material List:
Triple A Pillar Gaugepod – Lotek http://www.gaugepods.com/ford.html, 1989 - 1997 Thunderbird Coupe w/o Passive restraint Color: Gray
Autometer 2 1/16” Gauges – OIL PRESSURE 0-100 PSI MECH (2604), BOOST PRESSURE 0-35 PSI MECH (2616), FUEL PRESSURE 0-100 PSI ELECT (2663)
Filler – J-B Weld 50133 Tan Plastic Bonder Syringe
Paint – SEM Color Coat Santa Fe 15123

Gaugepod Modifications:
• Cut top and bottom to match contour of A Pillar, I used a Dremel with a ¾” sanding drum
• Each pod has a gap where it meets the A pillar inside, outside and at the top which looks bad.
o Fill these gaps with the JB Weld.
o Tape a 1” wide strip of metal on each side of the Gaugepod on the inside even with the edge of the Gaugepod as a guide.
o Mask the inside and outside of this metal strip and wipe with WD-40 to guarantee the filler does not adhere to the metal strip.
o Mask the Gaugepod.
o Fill and sand smooth, it took 3 Syringes of filler
• Sand the Gaugepod to match the texture of the A Pillar
• Prep, paint and install

pods 014.jpgpods 001.jpgpods 005.jpgpods 009.jpgpods 010.jpg

pods 014.jpg

pods 001.jpg

pods 005.jpg

pods 009.jpg

pods 010.jpg

personally not a fan of mechanical oil pressure gauges mounted inside the car.

and i would like to see more options for a 3 pillar pod for our car.
this one, like the others, just doesn't fit correctly. :(

The Electric Oil Pressure gauge was not full sweep and would not match. I'm happy with the results as are all who have seen it.

Nice job, and Looks good. I preferred a more stealth or sleeper version for the gauges I wanted to install.

1737.jpg

Members online

Back