Tried to charge the AC on my LS, can't find port.

Carlos B

LVC Member
Reaction score
I tried to recharge my AC today (quite necessary if you're living in Phoenix like I am.) but cant seem to find lower ac pressure port. I've checked both under hood and behind front driver side wheel. I've attatched pictures of my engine layout and under wheel cover in hopes of anyone finding it.

20170707_163732.jpg

20170707_163759.jpg

Follow the lower control arm in central of that there is a black flap part of the inner wheel well plastics. You'll need to lift that up and look upwards in and you should see the port fill cap.

- drivers side

wheelwell212-jpg.jpg

Hope you realize it's not just a matter of adding more and it'll be ok from there of on.
Obviously you have a breach to the system and is why it's run itself low and thus failing to chill.

There's a lot more to it then just 'adding' a can. blindly overfilling without the proper gauges can and will result in an overcharge which can harm the compressor and related items.

Might want to read up on it a bit.
"AC" site:http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/

How could you possibly know that your problem is low refrigerant without even checking low and high side pressures?

because if it stops working, it must just be out of "freon"! right? at least that's what the I've learned from watching all the tv commercials...

just hook up a can and dump it in and all will be good wont it? :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.
Back