tricking out is hard

My Mark has a body kit on it:

sta70694.jpg

sta70707a.jpg

I think it looks nice on it. I don't think it looks 'rice' or like a t-bird (I'm a former MN12 owner as well)
I could've done away with the faux brake cooling vents, but doesn't bother me too much. It follows the lines well and doesn't look 'chunky'
My kit was installed by a body shop, the rockers were blended right into the existing panels for a seamless install.

I get tons of compliments, stares and questions on the car every time I take it out. Mark VIIIs are rare to see around here, let alone one that has been customized some. I think the body kit, along with the slight sensor lowering, really makes it stand out. I'm sure the fact that it's always spotless when it's out doesn't hurt, either :p

I have no details on this kit at all, and would really appreciate any info I could get on it.

Punisher, any more pics of your Mark?

Yours is the Mark that I was talking about, It is the only one that I have seen that looks nice. I'm not sure if it's the kit or the fact that there is no lines do to the proper install so you don't see the lines where it meets the body. Probally both. Either way your mark does look very nice with that paticular kit! This is coming from a guy who can't stand aftermarket body kits. Your car looks great!

Why the Mexican jab? Why not just say something looks bad to you without being racist.

How is it being racist? All of the ilegals around here hang body kits, giant wings, go fast stickers, huge tachometers and those horrible coffe can exhaust pipes! Why not tell it the way it is? Geesh.:confused:

It's not being racist, it's just being honest. As far as the transformer pic goes I found it online. Obviously someone eles also agrees with me.

Often the ones who are fast to call someone a racist really are the racist themself. This country has become way to damn "PC". Now let's think about it, I can't call them Americans because they are not, They are not Mexican Americans either. The group I am talking about are indeed "ilegal aliens".
That is what a person who is in this country against the law illegally is called.
Furthermore since they illegaly came from Mexico they are "Illegal Mexican Aliens" There is not one thing racist about it period. Before someone asks, Yes I do have American friends of Mexican decent. I do not feel that I should have to cower down and hush to make others happy. I do have a right to say how I feel and I am not very "PC" about it.:p

I hope this answers your question.

i have to agree with turborich here,he didnt say one single racist thing.
he mentioned illegal aliens and showed a picture with the word mexico in it and you took offense to that????

shake it off and realize the world is what it is,stop looking for someone to blame.

The white mark shown above is mine. I wouldnt give it up. I love lincoln marks and some body kits do look bad (like the yellow one there) but I garentee I get more ppl asking about my car then a reg. lincoln mark viii. Why? because its fairly unique, around here ive never seen another with the kit and the kit was actually made for the car and follows the body lines. If I had a regular looking mark I probably wouldnt still have it. Would have moved on to a newer lincoln. But as is, I don't see the mark going anywere anytime soon, awsome car and I like having a unique look so its not like the other marks I see driving around everyday.

All mark 8's are unique....not too many people even know what they are! body kits or not! You sound like you live in an area where there are hundreds of make 8's! if I seen 3 in the last year that would be a lot!!

I think guys who put body kits on mark VIII's have "rice issues"!and should be driving a CRX or some other saki burner! I haven't seen a body kit yet, that didn't make the mark look like a t-bird. If you want a t-bird, buy a t-bird and stop dressing the marks up for halloween!:mad:

I think guys who put body kits on mark VIII's have "rice issues"!and should be driving a CRX or some other saki burner! I haven't seen a body kit yet, that didn't make the mark look like a t-bird. If you want a t-bird, buy a t-bird and stop dressing the marks up for halloween!:mad:

I agree... it would be like someone suggesting to take the hump out of the trunk :p

I have an Icon of the hump and I was thinking of getting a t-shirt made saying something like:

It's all about the Hump..

Unless your trunk had hump you only have a trunk

Mark VIII It's got Hump...

or just Got Hump..

WE GOT THE HUMP!...YOU GOT THE HUMP YEA!....MESPOCK GOT THE HUMP!...CHICKEN GOT THE HUMP YEA!...I GOT THE HUMP!.. IT MAKES A GREAT SONG!!!!
:dj: :dancefool :dancefool :dancefool :hump: :wave :zgreenbou :facesjump

I'll buy a got hump shirt. And were did you get that body kit on the black mark VIII

If you guys want I'll get T-shirts made...

It would be a rear view of the Mark VIII with one of those phrases.

Let's pic a phrase if you want me to start a thread I'll do it.

They would look something like this but with a rear view..
and a rear end phrase.

attachment.jpg

If you guys want I'll get T-shirts made...

It would be a rear view of the Mark VIII with one of those phrases.

Let's pic a phrase if you want me to start a thread I'll do it.

They would look something like this but with a rear view..
and a rear end phrase.

attachment.jpg

I'll buy a few..."Start a thread Mespock" I like it simple"GOT HUMP!" 3X-4X PLEASE!

:shifty: :shifty: I personally think the word HUMP is UNDIGNIFIED!!and should be replaced with the more sophisticated word "RUMPADUMP"!!IMO!!:p :D

All mark 8's are unique....not too many people even know what they are! body kits or not! You sound like you live in an area where there are hundreds of make 8's! if I seen 3 in the last year that would be a lot!!

Wow thats crazy, around here if you drive for more then 30mins your going to probabily see at least 1-2. I guess they are a lot more rare in some areas. Don't get me wrong, I see many more intrepids and what not, but marks are not that uncommon, at least around here.

Wow thats crazy, around here if you drive for more then 30mins your going to probabily see at least 1-2. I guess they are a lot more rare in some areas. Don't get me wrong, I see many more intrepids and what not, but marks are not that uncommon, at least around here.

In my little town of 3,000 people I see 3 everyday... But that's just walking out my front door.:D

I don't like any of the body kits I've seen on Mark VIIIs. But I do think a small front lip would look good on a Gen 1, with fog/driving lights or maybe front brake vents. It could benefit from something there... as is, it just goes from the front chrome strip to the bottom with a big boring blah of a bumper.

Members online

Back