Transmission Slipping!!!!!!!

jtmforever

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 1993 Mark Viii with 80,000. Today the transmission will only begin to engage in forward gears only when I rev to about 2000 rpm from a stop. Once I'm rolling its all good. My reverse engages correctly. I reflushed to Mercon V and changed 1-2 accumulator. Please help!!!!

start getting ready for a transmission rebuilt or a transmission swap. Once you start loosing 1st gear its all down hill from there...next you'll loose reverse.

Im wondering how well the merv 3 and the merc 5 are playing together and if he got enough fluid back in it.

id dump some lucas in it personally and depending on the milage and up keep of the trans the fact that you drained the fluid from it could of let loose stuff that was keeping things in play. either way good luck with it. its probably on its way out if its just not low on fluid.

i completely lost 1 and 2, but reverse was perfect, could spin the tires backing up.

did the problem show up before or after the accumulator swap and fluid flush?

when you rev up it 2k rpm, do you start creeping, or does it bang into gear?

98 swap all the way....that's what I did with my 97.....rebuilt a 98 tranny and put it in.

+1 on the 98 Swap... a rewire of the harness and your good to go (the little mod to the bell housing to allow the EGR tube to stay in place.. there is an ear that needs to be trimmed off.
I speak from experiance... If you search for DLF you will find the write up he did after we installed my trans and repinned the harness so its plug and play (still going strong after 2 years+)

Members online

Back