Transmission slip

Lincoln Mark VIII

1. Poem 58

Poem 58 New LVC Member

Hi guys, bought a 1994 base mark 8. 25,000 original miles. I noticed that it seems like overdrive , or third gear shifts hard
    Any help would be appreciated , tras fluid was changed

2. germansheperd

germansheperd Active LVC Member

Was all the fluid changed including draining the converter? Was it refilled ONLY with Mercon V?

3. Poem 58

Poem 58 New LVC Member

Not sure, bought the car owner says it was done, have a receipt . Will call shop and see what they used, otherwise very happy with car.

4. Tony Tusk

Tony Tusk New LVC Member

I had the same problem with my 1995 Mark VIII, I changed my transmission fliter and used Royal Purple synthetic transmission fluid. It took a few days and a couple miles of driving the car, but eventually the problem ceased. Damn! 25,000 miles? That's awesome! Good luck with your Mark VIII, I have owned mine for 22 years, I love that damn car!

5. Tony Tusk

Tony Tusk New LVC Member

I had the same problem with my 95 Mark VIII, changed my transmission filter and used Royal Purple synthetic Mercon V transmission fluid. After a couple days and about 25 miles, the problem ceased, it might work for you as it did for me. Damn! 25,000 miles! Well done, I have had mine for 22 years, I love that damn car! Hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.

6. Poem 58

Poem 58 New LVC Member

Thanks for the advice, hopefully that does it