Transmission slip

Poem 58

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, bought a 1994 base mark 8. 25,000 original miles. I noticed that it seems like overdrive , or third gear shifts hard
Any help would be appreciated , tras fluid was changed

Not sure, bought the car owner says it was done, have a receipt . Will call shop and see what they used, otherwise very happy with car.

Hi guys, bought a 1994 base mark 8. 25,000 original miles. I noticed that it seems like overdrive , or third gear shifts hard
Any help would be appreciated , tras fluid was changed
I had the same problem with my 1995 Mark VIII, I changed my transmission fliter and used Royal Purple synthetic transmission fluid. It took a few days and a couple miles of driving the car, but eventually the problem ceased. Damn! 25,000 miles? That's awesome! Good luck with your Mark VIII, I have owned mine for 22 years, I love that damn car!

I had the same problem with my 95 Mark VIII, changed my transmission filter and used Royal Purple synthetic Mercon V transmission fluid. After a couple days and about 25 miles, the problem ceased, it might work for you as it did for me. Damn! 25,000 miles! Well done, I have had mine for 22 years, I love that damn car! Hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.

Members online

No members online now.
Back