Transmission Rebuild Project

GMAN

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Getting ready soon to drop the transmission in GMANjr's Mark. I will be watching/assisting a buddy who works in a transmission shop. We have the use of a bay. I need a shopping list of what I need in order to rebuild this tranny good. I plan to get the parts from Max, so what do I need?

Find performance clutch packs that let you squeeze more friction plates and steels in the drum... also some kevlar bands. I would also take a quick look at all of the seals and O-rings... If I were to attempt an overhaul, I'd get an overhaul kit from www.lentechautomatics.com -They have full kits there with pretty much everything you'd need for upgrading everything.

Just my $.02

I have been doing a lot of research on rebuilding and modifying these trans. As I have searched and looked at parts and costs of rebuilding I have figured one thing out. You can reuild the trans and spend almost as much money as just getting a rebuilt unit. The other thing is that you won't have to worry about it working.

This is the place that I have found that is selling a high quality 4R70W rebuild. The owner of the shop has spent a lot of time and money developing one the best trannies out there. They also have somevery high qaulity tc's.

I have heard nothing but good things about the place, even if you don't have any interest in buying a rebuild call the place up. You will be able to et any question you could possibly have answered.

http://bc-automotive.com/

I have a used pro torque 3000k stall if you are intrested. its only got about 20k miles on it and it works flawlessly. I loved having it install, I wish all cars had a high stall converter. :)

Btw How Much Do Thos Kits Cost.

I HAD A PROTORQUE INSTALLED..SO FAR NO ISSUES BUT MY LEAK CAME BACK AFTER A YR OF INSTALLATION ;>(

98 Mark Tranny

I just got a tranny from a 98 Mark VIII, minus a torque converter. I need to get a torque converter now. Take a look at the photos of this tranny. Paticularly I am concerned about the sensors I took closeup photos of. What are these sensors? This Tranny has only 61K miles. I'm thinking I can just bolt this one right on. I am going to replace the seals , and the fluids and a new gasket in the pan. Is there anything else I should do or buy?
100_4490.JPG

100_4491.JPG

100_4492.JPG

100_4494.JPG

100_4495.JPG

100_4496.JPG

100_4497.JPG

Hmmm I think you can use the 98 harness but dont hold me to it, otherwise if you have a gen 1 you need to repin your harness and use a tcc selenoid in the new trans designed for the year car you have.

Members online

No members online now.
Back